Field of View Beta Testing

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
If anyone is interested, Anet is playing around with the Field of View (FOV) in GW2 and there is the ability to try out the beta version. I know some people have complained about it before back in the Beta, so it'll be interesting to see how it's changed now. To experience the change follow the instructions in this link, it's fairly straight forward.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/FOV-Field-of-View-Changes-Beta-Test

BTW: It's fantastic! The added distance is phenomenal and I actually had to zoom in a few times because I was a bit TOO far away, so it should suit most everyone's need. I discovered a jumping puzzle and the added FoV was greatly helpful! I suggest anyone having a problem with the closeness of the FoV try this out.

Ya know, last night I changed my shortcut after I logged off. I didn't even notice a difference today (but then again I wasn't paying attention).

Haven't tried it because of reports that it was taxing machines, and mine is minimum specs as it is. Looking forward to them implementing it, if successful.

Hmm, I did have about 10 minutes of pretty bad lag, but I chalked that up to 40 people being on the internet, most likely skyping home. If I finish my paper early I'll try it out without so many people home and see if I still have problems. Aside from that spike of lag I didn't have any worse frame rate, but I can see how it could stress the system more.

I paid attention to it today and still don't feel like there was any difference. All I need to do is add the "-testVerticalFov" to the end, right?

Aye, I went back to regular version this evening and definitely notice a difference, regular version I want to inch out just a little more. In the beta version I want to zoom in just a tag.

Back