First child coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackgravity

My wife and I are expecting our first child next summer, in July or August, and needless to say we're very excited. I feel very blessed to have the opportunity to start my own family. It doesn't keep me from getting nervous, but I pray every day that when it comes to raising my child I will make the right decisions, I'm sure I'll make some wrong ones, but I think all parents do. Any advice on preparation for a baby, prayers for strength for my wife (who already feels like she's been hit by a truck) and words of wisdom from parents would be greatly appreciated.

God bless

I don't have any words of advice as we are in the same boat as you...our baby is due July 8, 2007.

I agree advice from other parents would be nice....

Not a clue, but I'll be praying for both you and your wife.

Here's hoping a few parents in the community spot this thread and can provide some sage advice...

Hahahahahaha u n for a ride hehehehe luv it but let me say congrats for there is no part of the ride that I would ever miss. Just keep head up and face toward God n there is no wrong just lessons to learn. Pnds to you n your wife!!!

Hi all, I'm a dad for 8 kids plus one more coming in Feb. My advise is pretty simple and it comes from Deuteronomy verse 3b. The important part is that the advise comes from the Lord. He is talking to the Israelite nation about war but I think it applies to new parents. "Do not worry, do not be afraid, do not panic" You will not always have the answers. You will make mistakes. You will not always do it the way others do it BUT God has entrusted and has blessed you with a life. A life He has divine plans for and he has given that life to you to bring up in the ways of the Lord.

On a practical note, get plenty of rest leading up to the birth as you won't get much for the next 3 months after. Have an abundance of supplies (diapers, sleepers, bottles, etc) on hand and have them in the same place so both of you know where they are.

For dads, remember your wife is exhausted both physically and emotionally. Give her a break, often. Do whatever it is that charges her batteries. This is definitely the time to overdo it on her primary love language. Oh, and make sure she gets lots of sleep, she will often do too much and sometimes needs a gentle reminder that she needs rest. Take every opportunity to hold the little one, believe me when I say, they don't stay that little and you will soon miss those days.

I give this advice: as the grow older you make them eat the icky green vegetables less than the average family. It will spare them a lot of resentment toward you.

Another day, another helpless child liberated! :p

Seriously though grats on the child, hope all goes well!!:D

ty very much :D

CS i heard that if the mom-to-be eats a lot of veggies the baby will end up liking them, and she is a broccoli FIEND

we have our first ultrasound a week from today :D

YAY!

Congrats! (This already goes without saying) Keep your children in your prayers every single night, and show them the love of Jesus.

Warning: Don't let your child get an injected microchip from the doctor, no matter what. It's unlikely but it's a "just in case" thing.

Also, it's annoying when kids act up in public. Well, you already know the rest, haha.

God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back