First ever CGA convention

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Okay. I've been working behind the scenes with Elihu and Ember to plan out a three-day convention for members of the Christian Gamers Alliance to meet this coming spring in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The tentative date would range from late May to mid-June and the full cost of the event would range from $160 to $180 per person for a fun-packed weekend (this includes two nights at a local hotel).

Everything is tentative so far, so please provide your input as to whether or not you would be willing and able to attend such an event. We're still in the brainstorming and information gathering stages, so all input is greatly appreciated.

Okay, biking in Oklahoma is a must.  Also, consider that Jars of Clay always plays in Tulsa during the spring-time.

Thats a bad time of year for me, June. I'm going to be working doube full time (70-80 hours a week), although I can probably get some time off as I'll be my own boss this summer, but that would be bad for business. I'll probably be out in California working, but thats still tentative. Would be cool if Oklahoma was picked as the location for my group.

As Tek has said, we are currently in the brainstorming segment of initiating a CGA convention for any and all CGA members + local church members. We are trying to lower cost by all means and have worked out several budget plans\ideas, leaving us a range of 150-175 per person (best I could do everyone). That is without any donations being made for this by any businesses or churches or you for that matter...one of the ideas that is being considered is that those CGA members unable to attend may want to help donate some money to help sponsor a member that would like to go but is unable to aquire the funds needed. Now this does require further discussion but if enough people respond to this thread as being interested, this could become a tool to help others as well as congregate as the family we are! I for one am excited and have done so much planning thus far that my head is exploding with ideas, but I welcome any offers of advice and what-not for anything you guys can think of. I hope and pray that you all see this as an exciting opportunity to know your brothers\sisters in the Lord in person as well as a great gathering in which we can worship our Lord together!

With Much Enthusiasm,
Elihu

My wife and I might consider making a trip depending on when it ends up being, and how things are going with school/work and our finances.

Looking from a work point of view. I think that many of the people who could make it would need more time than that to organise time off.

Also i need to sort a flight out and where im gonna stay..lol.

room arangement for you could be made very easily RIzz,
wink.gif
also i personally think Orlando could be real cool, have the convention/Disneyworld!!!!! LOL or even Universal but that may be out of the way a little much for most CGA'ers

Well it would be better toward the middle/end of summer. May-June aren't good for me either =x. Why Oklahoma btw? why not like Dallas Texas weekend of Summer CPL we could all go as a "group" per say. Reveal ourselves to the pro gaming world.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ToJ | Dead_Aim @ Jan. 18 2004,2:58)]Reveal ourselves to the pro gaming world.
Oh.  Well.  ...it would probably be best if you left me out, then.  
tounge.gif

Going to cpl would be so cool. But i costs money and there is not very fast internet because there are like 2000 people there.

Oklahoma is home to a small cluster of members, who were the original founding members of ToJ. The include, but are not limited to, Tek, MaddMedic, PrivateerLunatic, Elihu, Cujo aka. Eltolad (I think they're the same person), Mosquito Morte, and crikket. Sorry to those I left out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Que Pasa @ Jan. 19 2004,1:53)]Oklahoma is home to a small cluster of members, who were the original founding members of ToJ.
Aaactually, I'm the only founding member of Tribe of Judah in Tulsa. Elihu and Eltolad, both long-time Real Life™ friends, were first to join. Mosquito Morte joined later on during our extensive hours of TFC play. crikket joined only recently to sign up for our upcoming Natural Selection competition team.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Tek

That's me.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]MaddMedic

Hrm. Actually, Madd lives in Michigan (or did, last I checked).

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]PrivateerLunatic

PrivateerLunatic lives near Springfield, MO. He and I met during one of my visits to see Ember.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Elihu, Cujo aka. Eltolad (I think they're the same person), Mosquito Morte, and crikket.

Yep. All four of them have been informed of the convention, though only Elihu and I are currently involved in planning the event.

Last edited:
I have an answer prepared for most of the questions asked in this thread, but I'm on my lunch break at work right now. I'll try to carve out some time to write up a longer reply tonight after I get home.

Well to put it simple Tek, and tulsa does have some fun places to go hang out, plus we can do some 1337 lan action and everything else.

Tek during the convetion would we go to your home church??? i personally would rather see all us computer nerds worship together 22/7 and play games 1/7 LOL
laugh.gif

Back