FOOD!!!!!!!!

ursen

Officer SOE/LoE/Where's "here"?
That got your attention. I put this in LoE general because this is where the old and the new meet. We have GW players who have been at it almost since the start of the game, we have people running into the GW legends for the first time while playing GW2. Let's play a different kind of game to introduce ourselves and get some feel for the people we will be playing with. Every day or two I will post a food item, a meal, or a restaurant, just post your first response to that posting. Considering we have people from all over the US and outside of the US this should be interesting. OK here we go.

Cheese omelet, grits, and turkey bacon.:eek:

That was today's brunch.

Last edited:
Sounds like the breakfast I has this morning... minus the grits.

I'm a little ashamed to say it, but even though I'm from the south I don't like grits... well the band is pretty good but not a fan of the food.

Just bought my first pack of turkey bacon last grocery trip and it's pretty good. Not great, but good.

Oh i love me some food!!! Today was.....

Beef and broccoli with fried rice and a egg roll!!

I love me some good Chinese food....

Let's try the rules again. First reaction to the posted food, what does it bring to mind. Keep it short please.

Yum, what was in the grits, were they fried? I like mushrooms, red peppers and black olives in my cheese omelets. I like beef bacon, but turkey is good too. We basically keep the OT diet laws so piggy is out, I really miss good pepperoni.

Reaction, eh?

Cheese omelet = needs meat
Turkey bacon = okay, but sausage is preferred
Grits = not too fond of grits (needs lots of doctoring)

OK my family is in for a few hours so we will make this simple. Was going to go overseas, but because my daughter and family are living in Fl we will pick a food that is found on the way.
Boiled Peanuts.

Remember the choices of topic in no way always reflect my tastes and desire.

Reminds me of a long car trip to Florida. Finally gave in to the relentless advertising and got some from a shady looking crock pot at a gas station with windows full of taxidermied aligator heads.

Can't understand why you just wouldn't eat them roasted.

The peanuts, not the alligator heads.

Reminds me of a long car trip to Florida. Finally gave in to the relentless advertising and got some from a shady looking crock pot at a gas station with windows full of taxidermied aligator heads.

Can't understand why you just wouldn't eat them roasted.

The peanuts, not the alligator heads.

We get gator tail every football season and grill it here in Tennessee.

Go Vols!

:)

tennessee-volunteers-t-logo.jpg

LOVE boiled peanuts! When I was a kid, just out on my own, my cousin used to buy huge bags of unsalted peanuts and we'd keep a crock pot going for days, dip some out put some more in. One of the best snacks ever.

Ok enough southern and Appalachian food for now, it's Bastille Day, let's go over seas for a real treat.

Escargot

Can never have to much southern food...chicken fried chicken and chicken fried steak are the bomb.

But the best is definitely cajun food. Ooooh boy you never go wrong with my cajun food.

crawfish etouffee

Back