For the Snipers

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator

>.>

Keero, that sums up my rant I put on every Tuesday perfectly....

Now... Valve just needs to fix it.

I would have a 70'ish ping if I payed around 200 bucks (stupid entertainment pack) a month for a 10 Mbps line, but we may have to downgrade to a 3 from our 4 since it's cheaper. Hello 145 ping again.

lol. I do want to point out that all of the people being sniped in that comic are playing heavy. If you are running in the open as a heavy then there is a good chance you will get sniped. Unless of course you are the one with high ping. I'll never understand why it is so much harder to hit someone with high ping than it is to shoot someone when you have high ping.

This definitely confirms my theory about which class people find most annoying, though.:D

Last edited:
Dude, this begins to explain how I get sniped when I am out of line of sight from the stupid sniper!! And here I thought it was heat seeking bullet hacks or something.

Now... Valve just needs to fix it.
/me falls out of his chair laughing until he gasps for breath

...Oh, wait, were you serious? Any time I read the words "Valve" and "fix" in the same sentence, I just assume it's a joke. Unless, of course, the phrase "will never" is sandwiched neatly between those two words.

Yes tek, there was never any hope for valve to fix anything... just a fools hope. And for anyone that doesn't follow why I rant about this problem it's not even a problem with snipers, it's the lag compensation built into TF2 and I despise it.

Quote from TF2 wiki:

"In a nutshell, when a high-latency (high-ping) player attacks, the server temporarily "rewinds" its copy of the action in order to compensate for their lag. For example, the enemy Sniper shoots when he sees your head, at that moment you and most other players may believe you successfully ran behind a wall. When the server receives the fire message from the Sniper, it "rewinds", finds out you ought to have been hit, and then deals damage, leading to the appearance of being "killed through a wall"."

This is also a major reason for facestabs.

Here is another video explaining it further.

Back