Freedom vs. peace

Freedom vs. peace -

• Freedom Fries

Votes: 28 100.0%
  • Peace Pretzels

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CCGR @ Mar. 20 2003,7:38)]freedom fries I've heard of...peace pretzels is a new one on me
I think the pretzels have something to do with the french wanting to mail Bush a bunch of them for some reason.

The US renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries in a blow against France. The Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein, suggested that somebody send more pretzels to President Bush - as he almost choked on one whilst drunk, watching football. If the pretzel killed Bush then it would stop the current war in Iraq - hence Peace Pretzels.

Eon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr_Eon @ Mar. 20 2003,2:17)]The US renamed French Fries to Freedom Fries in a blow against France. The Iraqi dictator, Saddam Hussein, suggested that somebody send more pretzels to President Bush - as he almost choked on one whilst drunk, watching football. If the pretzel killed Bush then it would stop the current war in Iraq - hence Peace Pretzels.

Eon
Yup, kinda clever actually.

GEEZ. that whole pretzel thing is blown so far out of proportion. just cuz we had some peace during that time, its huge news. geez.

pretzels stink. and now I have another reason to hate them. especially when you get the big ones, and they didnt put enough salt on them.

Here's another analogy that would fit we into the "Movie Game" post if it were from a movie and not a show:

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

If we're coming down to a choice between freedom and peace...I would rather live in a world where people are free to beleive and choose as they will, and, inevitably, end up fighting over it, than in a world that sacrificed freedom of belief and expression just to keep people from getting hurt. I mean...heaven forbid!

"We can't go to war! Someone might get hurt! And if fighting starts, someone might even get KILLED!!! Can you IMAGINE?!? KILLED!!! Quick, stop the war before someone gets killed! I'll give you my freedom fries, just PLEEEEEEASE don't let me see any blood! It makes me queasy!"

I saw a guy holding a poster next to my house that said he only supports our soldiers when they shoot their officers.

It took all the willpower I had to keep myself from going out and judo chopping him (he had friends though, I prolly would have lost).

I think I saw a poster just like that on the news a few nights ago. I guess they are running out of things to say so now they copy each other.

GAH! You must have some willpower. I probably would've been outside straightaway. How many were we talking
biggrin.gif
mad.gif
cool.gif
? *cracks knuckles*

Seriously...that guy would've left with some remarkable injuries, if at all. I happen to like my officers. Most of them, anyway :).

I think that would have pushed my buttons too much as well... Kudos to you for turning the other cheek.

I, of course, could have brought him the wrath of the Gods with a clean conscience... ;)

Eon

Back