Friday, November 14, 2008

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
No one has signed up for Friday's Verse of the Day - so I thought I'd offer one and you can feel free to offer your own as well. I'm curious to see how many verses get posted.

One of my all-time favorite verses:

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

Ever had someone tell you, "God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life."? It is the truth. Imagine - whatever your situation - God loves you and has a plan bring you hope and assure your future.

Amen to that. Now - what is your favorite verse?

It's not really a verse... but rather an entire chapter. Nehemiah, chapter 3.

Yes, the whole chapter.

It shows the importance of the church working together. Nehemiah was set on the daunting task of repairing and rebuilding the entire wall system for Jerusalem. It would have taking him 10 lifetimes to build it alone. So instead, he calls in the troops. Everyone participated, and rebuilt the entire wall 52 days (Neh 6:15). God made it so his enemies couldn't interfere (Neh chapters 4 and 6).

It shows the power of what can be accomplished with Jesus' church rallies together. It is a perfect example of what Jesus tells us:

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." —Matthew 19:26

Back