Frustration...:(

Mostly_Harmless

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament Chapter Co-leader
I hope most of you will come back soon and that so many people are away now because the summer is almost over. I give everyone permission to msg me on steam, facebook, AIM, or whatever, at any time to play UT III with me. I'm really getting tired of NOT playing this awesome game anymore, and i seriously hope SC II is not contributing to this. Dan, Danny, Tek, and coldsteel. You all have my contact info so please don't hesitate to use it when you want to play! Anyone else is free to msg me as well. Please, Let's get this community back on track. I sometimes think about smashing my sc II cd in frusteration >.<

Haha, don't smash it, things will pick back up like they were two weeks ago. Patience! :)

I just have a few busy days ahead of me because of some things going on. Lots of work to catch up on because of the vacation, and we still have a summer house guest for one more week. Sorry I missed tonight, but I ended up taking my poor little pet sugar glider to the emergency vet and I'm not sure if she'll be alive tomorrow morning. Anyways, things will be settling down to normal for me soon and I'll need to frag some people.

Haha, don't smash it, things will pick back up like they were two weeks ago. Patience! :)

I just have a few busy days ahead of me because of some things going on. Lots of work to catch up on because of the vacation, and we still have a summer house guest for one more week. Sorry I missed tonight, but I ended up taking my poor little pet sugar glider to the emergency vet and I'm not sure if she'll be alive tomorrow morning. Anyways, things will be settling down to normal for me soon and I'll need to frag some people.

Awh danny : ( I'm sorry to hear that : ( I know from expeirence how painful it is to lose a pet you love. UT monday nights is not the same without you.

I hope most of you will come back soon and that so many people are away now because the summer is almost over. I give everyone permission to msg me on steam, facebook, AIM, or whatever, at any time to play UT III with me. I'm really getting tired of NOT playing this awesome game anymore, and i seriously hope SC II is not contributing to this. Dan, Danny, Tek, and coldsteel. You all have my contact info so please don't hesitate to use it when you want to play! Anyone else is free to msg me as well. Please, Let's get this community back on track. I sometimes think about smashing my sc II cd in frusteration >.<

Step away from the edge my friend :p. It will be OK. Its just a game. Players come and go. New games like SC2 weed out the fair weather UT players from the hardcore so we have a more pure cult following ;).

I plan on returning when the weather drops below a million degrees and I don't have to mow the lawn at sunset to avoid spontaneous combustion.

Until then, you all are more than welcome to message if anyone puts together an impromptu Warfare match.

Dude, if warfare is THAT important to you, I WILL vote it next time you come. I still have no clue how to play warfare, but if it makes you that happy, i'll play it.

Dude, if warfare is THAT important to you, I WILL vote it next time you come. I still have no clue how to play warfare, but if it makes you that happy, i'll play it.
The trouble with Warfare is that you need at least 8 players to play it properly. We tend to have fewer than 8 players on Unreal Mondays, which is one reason why Deathmatch is, on average, the preferred gametype.

And it's not so much that Warfare is "important" to me as it's the UT3 gametype I enjoy most. I'll play Deathmatch, but getting steamrolled round after round isn't much fun and I'm not willing to invest the time it takes to get better at a game where the controls feel so awkward. Warfare gives me an opportunity to contribute to a team effort even when I can't twitch quite as effectively as the next guy.

When I play UT3 deathmatch, I play to be social. I understand that not everyone likes the games I like. Team Fortress Classic and Quake Live never really picked up activity in ToJ, no matter how I tried to promote the games. When I played Dark Age of Camelot, I preferred the Midgard realm. Our guild was based in Albion. I think tc_meridian is one of the most fun maps ever in Team Fortress 2. I am, unfortunately, in the minority opinion on that. People will play what they play. Tastes differ.

To borrow (and then mutate) a phrase: You can lead a horse to water, but that horse isn't going to be very happy when you try to dunk its head in the river. I'm speaking to myself as much as to anyone else here. I've had to learn over the years when to nudge and when to sit back and either wait for a game to catch on or move on.

Put simply: Play the games you like, but don't expect everyone or even a sizable portion of ToJ members to like the same games. Often, the best we can do as a community is to create an environment people will enjoy playing in and communicate the presence and quality of that environment to others. The rest is up to people's free will and the Lord's assistance. I think you all have done a great job of creating a welcoming community for UT3 players. You've done what you can; the rest is out of our hands.

Last edited:
I actually made an acoount and tried to play quake live not too long ago but for some reason i couldn't get it to work. I did want to try it because of it's huge fame from back when fast shooters were the in thing. I do thank you for coming out tonight as I know that ut III is def. not one of your most favorite games.

Believe it was Danny spamming that SPMA cannon on Blue Spawn. Darn you. xD

Back