Gaming with Raspberry Pi

Krissa Lox

Currently playing around with Raspberry Pi Zero (lowest end model), and planning on getting the newest model (Pi 4 - 8G) soon. Mostly for the purposes of being able to develop affordably customizable self-employment and education computer solutions for people with special needs, but of course I am interested in exploring the gaming potential too.

The challenge with that, though, has been that it uses ARM architecture rather than X86. So although it's a Linux-based system, it's not as simple as just finding stuff that's Linux-compatible. I know about Retro Pie to be able to run older console games, but I'm really more interested in PC gaming options.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

Last edited:
Currently playing around with Raspberry Pi Zero (lowest end model), and planning on getting the newest model (Pi 4 - 8G) soon. Mostly for the purposes of being able to develop affordably customizable self-employment and education computer solutions for people with special needs, but of course I am interested in exploring the gaming potential too.

The challenge with that, though, has been that it uses ARM architecture rather than X86. So although it's a Linux-based system, it's not as simple as just finding stuff that's Linux-compatible. I know about Retro Pie to be able to run older console games, but I'm really more interested in PC gaming options.

Anyone else have any experience with this?
I don't have any specific experience in this arena, but perhaps something like Box86 could be of use?

Back