Giving God praise

UXZero

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
I know this is a short novel, but I want to give God proper praise. So, please bare with me.

I haven't been on Aion at all this week because I've been car hunting. Last Sunday my car broke and repairing it is not reasonable. After deciding that I don't want to ever pay to repair my car again; I considered walking...... However, after some deep contemplation, I concluded that getting a car with good long warranty would be best. :D Hyundai has the new Elantra 2012. It's 29/40 city/highway mpg, with a 5yr./60kmile bumper to bumper and 10yr/100kmile power train warranty. Thus, my target was set.

I've spent that last week, emailing and calling every Hyundai dealer within 100 miles. What I found is that the car is ridiculously popular. Their either sold before they get them, or within 3 days. It's hard even to find one to test drive. This so much so, that a used 2011 is going for almost the same price as a new 2012. Consequently, there were very few dealers who even mentioned being competitive over price.

Fortunately, a local dealer got 1 car in on Friday that I could test drive. So, yesterday morning I made my battle plan. It's the end of the month, I would request the salesman favor and push my value as a costumer. Well apparently, the former is not all that great and my skill at the later is even worse. :( Because after mentioning that I had other dealers who would be competitive and only being offered 2 color options (white and bronze; bleh). I could not get him off the sticker price.

Thankfully, while I was running around trying to do things in my own ability. God was preparing pieces for when I would give up and ask Him to do something. Actually, when I pulled into the lot of the local dealer. I got a call from another dealer about 1 hour away. He said if I was willing to buy today, he would get me a good deal. I thanked him, took his number and went forward with my plan.

After my total failure, I went home and pondered what to do. Finally, I asked God for His advice. (amazing how good it is, isn't it!?) I remembered my earlier call and figured I'd see what he had to offer. My jaw dropped (literally), when he gave me the offer. He was offering me a new black 2012 Elantra with the preferred package at the lowest MSRP listed (18,200)! That's around $700 less then what the others gave me. In fact when I called another dealer to see if they would match it (trying to get silver color). The sales manager who previously promised to beat any other offer, was horrified. He said to match that would put them in the red on that car. So, I called Woodall back and double checked on all the pricing ( he was really nice, he gave me the final drive off the lot price with all fees included), and I agreed to sign that day.

The next hurdle was financing. While my credit is good, I don't have any high profile stuff on it. I knew this, so I prayed that if this was His will that it would be approved. When they called me back, I found that it initially got rejected, but the dealership called finance people directly and got me under the 1st time buyer option.

I didn't get to the dealership until after store hours (6pm) because they had to send someone to get me. Thankfully, Josh (my step-dad) warned me about getting the extended warranty. So, I courteously listened to his sales pitch and said no. I've had a 2 decade old car for 3 years and spent about $1,300 in repairs. I don't need to pay $4000 more to cover a new car 5 extra years on a repair that probably will not happen. Finally, he looked at me and asked “what do you want to see here?”. I got 1% taken off my apr, and the monthly payment reduced by $25 on the same 60 month term. In the end, I paid $1000 to extend my bumper to bumper by 5yr/40k miles, plus get gap coverage and costgard coverage. Not sure what others may think. But I plan on keeping my car, I believe it's a good deal. I drove my new car home last night. :)

What makes a lot of this more cool. Is that there are 2 other repairs on my corolla that I've been trying to get done for the last month. But the garage has not been able to find the parts. Now I know that was God looking out for me. By preventing me from wasting money on useless repairs. With all that happened, it's not possible for me to take credit on anything. Even on the extended warranty, honestly I was not even trying to get a deal with it. Really, I was surprised when I got that last offer.
When I was leaving, one of the guys commented that "the manager was practically giving me the car" and he told them to treat me really well. GOD knows how to get you favor and His trumps ALL! :cool:

TLDR:
So, I got to experience something new and exciting, fail horribly. Then watch God blow my mind with favor and work everything together!

Last edited:
That's awesome man! Also, that's a very sleek looking car. :D

Praise God! Thanks for sharing that. I have a similar story on my 2011 Subaru Forester that I bought in February. $1600 under invoice (a few thousand under MSRP) and great financing. I also bought the extended bumper to bumper to take me out to seven years.

Enjoy your car and remember to praise God every time you drive it (and more)!

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; And lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct thy paths."
{Proverbs 3:5-6}

My favorite passage. :)

I love reading stories like that. It never ceases to amaze me how God has everything in His hands.

One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10 - "Be still, and know that I am God..."

If we just stop worrying and get out of God's way, He'll prove His power and authority. He is in control. :)

Back