God Purpose for Men and Husbands part 2

Kleburg

Here is part 2 of of our discussion on God'ds purpose for Husbands and Men

Love like the Savior

Husbands love you wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her.
Ephesians 5:25

A) Love is seeking God’s best for our spouse.
a. Love is based on an act of will, not a passing feeling
Give some examples.
Husbands, love your wives, and do not embittered against them
Colossians 3:19
b) Love is sacrificial action, not good intentions
c) Love is given in obedience to Christ, not in response to our spouse’s performance. Meaning what?
d) Love is expressed verbally and in actions. What kind of examples?
e) Love is self-denial. Consider; there is no such thing as love if it doesn’t cost you anything
Note: When you love your wife sacrificially, you model the relationship between Christ and the church to your family and the world

B) Love’s goal is building up and enrichment of a wife
So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Chrisr also does the church, because we are members of His body

Ephesians 5:28-30
a. A husband’s love should nourish his wife by encouraging and enabling her to grow and develop her gifts and abilities
b. A husband’s love should cherish his wife by responding to her needs as a valued gift from God.
a) A wife feels cherished when her husband communicates with her
b) A wife feels cherished when there is romance in the relationship. Think about this; How can YOU be more romantic guys?
c)A wife feels cherished when her husband is trustworthy. Do you feel that your wife feels you are trustworthy?
d) A wife feels cherished when her husband makes her load lighter not heavier
“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your soul. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.”

Matthew 11:28-30
e) A wife feels cherished when her husband prays with her and sets a godly example
C) A husband’s love should be expressed as he seeks to more fully understand his wife
You Husbands likewise, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with a weaker vessel, since she is a woman, and grant her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

1 Peter 3:7
a) A wife feel understood when her husband prays with her in making key decisions
b) A wife feel understood when her husband considers her needs values, and preferences.
c)A wife feel understood when her husband listens without trying to fix her problems. What does this mean to you?
This was a powerful part for me and I hope it is for you also. Stay tuned for the “Rest of The Story.”

God Bless all

Men and women are different from each other. They have different needs and different ways of communicating. Understanding that has helped my wife and I tremendously. Now when we try to meet each others needs, we try to realize that her needs and my needs are not always the same and that we express ourselves in different ways. We have to remember--we are here not just to meet the needs of our spouse that WE think they OUGHT to have in the way WE think they ought to be met, but to meet the needs that they really do have in the way THEY need them to be met.

Praise God! How boring life would be if we were all the same.

Back