Guild Wars 2 Chapter?

ewoksrule

Hey I am too lazy to use the search to see if this is already answered but...

Do you guys have plans yet to start a Guild Wars 2 ToJ chapter?

and then all the details that follows like:
Do you have a leader that's stepped up yet?
Is it too early to get a separate forum section going for GW2?
Do you think you will keep the same guild name from GW or something fresh for GW2?

There will be a ton of people playing this game that have not played GW1. I think you could start generating some good hype now and get the advertising going so Christians can get excited and ready for the launch.

Just thinking about this today as I watch more video interviews and get pumped for GW2.

Yes we do plan on moving over to GW2. At least I know that I will be playing GW2 and I know that I wouldn't want to play it with any other people and I'm not alone in that thinking. As for the specifics, I am assuming everything would be the same. As I see it SoE/SOE is just expanding to GW2. The guild would still exist in GW1 and those that would like to join us in GW2 are more than welcome. The names Spirit of Elijah and Spirit of Elisha should be saved for us when GW2 is released, so we shouldn't have to worry about any name changes. As for the forums change, I don't see a reason for another forum, but rather just adapt the existing SoE/SOE forums to accommodate GW2

Ahh sweet, that's neat that they will save the guild names. I guess since there is no monthly, its easy to keep running guilds in both games. So will you be the leader of the GW2 guild and will the same officers transfer over?

It is pretty awesome to see that SoE is still running after all these years. I remember when I first played GW with SoE back in july 2005. It was what led me to ToJ/CGA. I still talk to lots of people I met way back then that have moved on from ToJ. I am looking forward to see what the new game brings to the community.

As for HsC, we would like to change our name for GW 2.. or combine with SOE. We'll see what the set up will be once they release the alliance info.

And we back up the leadership of SoE/SOE fully <3

Yea, I haven't been to keen on trying to make any plans beyond what I've already said without knowing a release date and the mechanics behind the guild system in GW2. For instance, I'm assuming they'll increase the guild cape in GW2, so there isn't a reason to plan on having the SoE/SOE split, however I don't want to totally scrap the idea in-case they don't and I don't want to plan on it in-case they do.

As for the leadership, for now I will plan on being leaders in both GW1 and GW2 and the officers that are transferring over will retain their status. However, I do know some members that have stated they will NOT be transferring to GW2, and in which case they might see themselves in a position to steward the guilds in GW1. In my mind we'll still be the same guild, however if there needs to be an active leader in GW1, I wouldn't mind letting someone take that position in-game.

Once GW2 gets a release date we will start planning for the switch and getting everything ready. I'm getting super excited for where God is going to take us in this next season. :)

I'm going to be playing both - at least for a while. I plan to be guild active in both, as well.

I agree with Stc about waiting until we get a release date and more info before doing too much planning. Who knows - they may allow guilds of 100, 200, 500 or unlimited. Or maybe guilds with clans. There could be some cool ways to reorganize the alliance in GW2.

I plan on being active in both as well, what's wrong with another split in my personality?

That is a loaded question. I should probably pray before responding.

I will lose SO many hours of my life in GW2. lol Not real sure if I'll ever jump back into GW1 after GW2 is released.

I do look forward to seeing a SoE's guild in its full glory. By the time I got into GW1 it was pretty much dead.

Concerning the forums, I think there should be a separate one for GW2. It is a completely different game after all. I can just imagine all the confusion if items have the same name or people asking for help in certain areas. Beyond that the spoilers should be huge, and personally I don't want to have to post GW1 0r GW2 before every new thread I start. :)

Last edited:
Oh, almost forgot.

I think it would rock to do a contest for the GW2 guild name. Since it seems as though we are going to have players from other guild/alliances it may be nice to come up with something fresh. Kind of a big tent thing.

Well, [HsC] or The Homeslice Crew was already named before Ryan or Wiz, or any of us regulars was even in the guild. It doesn't represent anything connected to US personally.

We would love to be a separate guild with our same members IF we can, but are willing to forgo all that and join [SOE]. Who knows, maybe it'll be a 1,000 member [SoE] as they could just give us the current max alliance members in 1 main guild!

Hey everyone, Tag Tarsis (jason) here. I was a part of LoJ in Warhammer, came to ToJ for EQ2, Aion, and most recently Rift where I was co-leader with Ewok.

I am very much looking forward to GW2. In fact so far I might say it could be the thing to end my game hopping. It looks like a complete rework of a MMO and that is what I have been looking for.

As for the guild questions, I do agree that a seperate forum might be nice for the sake of keeping info seperate. I understand the sameness of the GW1, and GW2, I have no worries about that, and the name deal is ehhh... I like naming contests but I am not really worried about that.

I would just think it could very well help with people getting excited over that specific game. In that we could post GW2 specifically. I am however attempting to gain some unlocks in GW1 for GW2, but I was not part of this group, and it might make for some new excitment with a GW2 specific forum.

Anyways just my suggestion, do with it what you like.

ANYWAY this Guardian will be there to protect you all when GW2 goes live!

See you in GW2!

Last edited:
Back