Guild WvW - Thursday, Oct 11 9PM EST & Saturday, Oct 13 2PM EST

RyanB

Legacy of Elijah Guild Leader
Map layout wasn't super exciting due to Santum of Rall dominance (woot woot!), but I was extremely happy with the turnout last week.

Who: Everybody, level 1-80. Don't be shy; we'll teach you.

What: Yet another newbie-oriented guild WvW event. We will focus on moving about, getting points of interest, killing NPCs, and taking small checkpoints...and anything that pops up along the way. Come get tons of easy XP, karma, ores, drops, and skill points. Easy to get started, lots of fun to be had.

Goals may change on the fly due to map conditions. This week's goal will be scaling the infamous Obsidian Sanctum, a.k.a. the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle. Mesmers wanted due to group size!. Don't be discouraged! With a group our size, we should have no trouble with other invaders. Details below.

Where: Eternal Battlegrounds map, which you can join from anywhere by hitting B -> Join World Versus World -> Eternal Battlegrounds
Note: we may do a different map, depending on who has control of what at the time, but borderlands tend to be a bit less fierce than the Eternal Battlegrounds.
When: Thursday, Oct 11 9PM EST & Saturday, Oct 13 2PM EST. I plan to be around at least 3 hours. Chances are someone will be on even later. Don't be surprised if you get stuck in queue; shouldn't last more than 5-15 minutes. Running late? No problem! You can hook up with us whenever you are able.
Teamspeak: As with any guild event, please use TeamSpeak! You do not need to speak or be on a mic, regardless of whether you just don' have one or are not comfortable. However, it is far, far easier if you log in to listen in! TeamSpeak info is here.

Again, this is a newbie-oriented event. If we get even half as many people as we had last week, other invaders should pose little threat. Do not be discouraged if you are bad at jumping puzzles; I still fall all the time. We will help each other through, section by section, and if we really get stuck a mesmer can portal you back up. Mesmers requested!

Pre-event we'll run around killing supply depots until everyone queues up and spam guild chat to get people in.

Here's a little info on this puzzle:

• This bad boy is long. A fast run could be done in 20-25 minutes; expect an hour with a large group.
  • End chest rewards 2 siege blueprints, a bunch of badges of honor, and chest drops
  • Speaking of siege weapons, they can be built here. Yup. Let's make sure we remember to bring supply in
  • Don't worry if you are late - just get in. We can have a mesmer catch you right up to wherever we are quickly.
  • There are several fountains with 5 minute invisibility potions. I will lead us past each of these. This will show you where these are should you want to return (it's fun!), and also hide our numbers. This will help us get past controlled traps and siege, as well as provide a fun surprise to those who would wish to come gank us. :D
  • Mesmer portals are our friend - if we have them, we can easily pick up any allies that fall down.

After the puzzle, we can either camp it or take our newly-acquired siege weapons towards a keep of our choosing. Or camp it with siege weapons. :)

Last edited:
That's this Thursday the 11th, and Saturday the 13th correct?

If you don't see it soon remind me and I'll put it on the LoE Facebook page.

Will most likely miss it. Thursday's are an automatic no for me. Saturday @ 2 isn't looking so hot either. I will make one of these eventually!!!

Just hit me up any evening in game. WvW is where I spend my time, outside of the occasional dungeon run. I haven't even worked my way to LA in the story mode yet.

What about making this a regular event? One evening a week that's specifically dedicated to LoE having a presence in WvW?

Not that people can't whenever they want, but it'd be great to have one recurring date that we all know there'll be a big group.

Sorry I couldn't make it last night. You guys would have started when my kids went to bed and I was seriously so tired that I dozed off in the middle of reading their night-time story. :)

What about making this a regular event? One evening a week that's specifically dedicated to LoE having a presence in WvW?

Not that people can't whenever they want, but it'd be great to have one recurring date that we all know there'll be a big group.

This is exactly what I'd like to do, including coordinating with other SoR guilds. Was testing the waters on the date/times. I'll put up a poll and see what folks think.

Last edited:
To reply specifically, I like events at 2pm on Saturday because it would be one of the rare times I could join in due to time difference. I just hope not to be so tired next time.

Back