GW guild discipline

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
Happy Valentines Day all!

No this isnt a bunch of new rules for SoE/alliance. Actually i want to write to Gaile or post something on Guru to get more guild support in GW.

I've been thinking about this for a while and personally i think that GW is lacking very much when it comes to guilds and alliances. Which is really sad when you think that the name of the game is GUILD Wars.

Mainly what I would like done is some other disiciplinary actions that officers/leaders can make other than an outright kick. Right now the only thing we can do is kick. And i think everyone can agree that that might be a little harsh. What i would like to see is maybe something like:
~Banning someone from guild/alliance chat for an hr, 2 hrs, 12hrs. (thats the main one for me)
~Maybe banning someone from the GH for a while.
~Exile them from the guild for a while.
~Something LESS harsh than an outright kick.

I also think that guilds should have the option of allowing other alliance officers to take similar actions as listed above. Let me show you an example:
~Lets say Guild A has 1 officer on. And Guild B has a member that decides to curse and make a fuss on alliance chat. Now Guild B doesnt have any officers on to asset the situation and the only thing Guild A can do right now is totaly kick Guild B from the alliance. What i propose is that there be a way that will allow the ability to let Guild A's officer have some kind of power to 'shut off' that player from alliance chat so that he doesn't annoy anyone else in the alliance. That also allows time for an officer from Guild B to get on so Guild A and Guild B can talk things out about said person.

Now obviously this would have to be optional. I cant see other people being excited that any officer in the alliance can have this power so maybe like a switch that allows this. And I wouldnt want other officers to have the ability to kick players from other guilds (That would create a whole new kind of horror story ).

Now what im asking you guys is:
A) Good idea?
B) Suggestions?
C) Comments?
D) How i should go about presenting it to Anet?
E) Revising my propsition so that its presentable to Guru/Anet.

PS: Also i think this is a good spot to ask for like a community storage for the alliance. Being able to veiw other guilds rosters to see whose on. Extending Friends list. Being able to sort Friends list. And other stuff that has to do with other human players.

Thanks guys.

I agree, Guild wars is lacking in the alliance/guild department, however I doubt that will change without a lot of guilds/alliances doing something themselves about it. I agree that some of those rules are needed. However I do worry that many people will abuse their power. We would need to figure out a checks and balances system.

We would need to figure out a checks and balances system.

Right, i think if we can figure out a good system that will make sure no one goes power-crazy Anet will be a whole lot more likely to implement it...

got to visit the drawling board again..

Control over Alliance Chat is a biggie. Without that, anyone in an alliance can 'hijack' Alliance Chat, and if that person's guild doesn't have an officer online at the time there's nothing that can be done about it.

Paul

And I think that will be the biggest problem with anything Alliance related. Unless an officer in another guild is on, there is no way to enforce anything Alliance wide.

Back