GW2 Email Notice...

Odale

I got this email today from ArenaNet.

A log-in attempt from the following location is currently awaiting your authorization.

Address: 117.64.9.222
City: Hefei
Region: 01

This location is approximated based on information provided by your Internet Service Provider. If in doubt, deny the request and try again.

If you are certain this log-in attempt was not made by you, then someone else knows your log-in credentials and you should change your password immediately via Account Management.

For security purposes, we alert you each time your account is accessed from an unrecognized location. To authenticate this log-in attempt, please click the link below:

[link removed]

Not sure if the email is real, but they sent me three emails over a two minute time span.

I don't have the game downloaded or installed, so I can't check on anything, but it is interesting.

Edit: I logged into ArenaNet to change my password and I was sent another email from them to the correct email address to verify my location.

The email was legit, change your passwords and stuff.

Last edited:
Just means someone tried to log in to your account. Doesn't mean they were anything approaching successful.

Two-factor authentication (such as using Google Authenticator with your GW2 account) should be enough to protect you.

Still, changing your password every now and then is also a good idea.

Back