GW2 Stress-Test - feedback

Abba San

Legacy of Elijah [LoE] - Proud Grandfather
I'm one of those who cannot participate in the GW2 Stress-Test.

So...let's hear some feedback...what was great...what was better and improved from the first open beta...what has got you even more excited about GW2?

Those of us who couldn't be there are depending on your feedback.

Last edited:
Well it is the exact same build as before with no improvements from what I read. They want to stress test specific issues that were brought up in the last testing weekend, using the same build. I could be wrong tho.

i spent the last 4 hours getting booted shortly after getting to Queensdale..now i am getting a display driver crash and recovered notice so i have no idea what to do...any ideas?

i spent the last 4 hours getting booted shortly after getting to Queensdale..now i am getting a display driver crash and recovered notice so i have no idea what to do...any ideas?

after a while of boredom i named a Charr "Display Driver Error" and was able to play for 15minutes without any issues other than lagg..ironic lol

Yea nothing special. I was able to gain a few more levels and almost unlock all my weapon skills for my Guardian, still finishing up my hammer skill tree. I did play with lag the whole time, but I also was re-downloading SCII the whole time so it could have been my part. It was fun though! For a few hours at least :)

my "stress" was thinking my video card was not good enough...then i saw on forums others with high performance cards had the same issue

The only massive lag I experienced was fighting the giant wasp in Queensdale with a bunch of other players.

That wasp came out of nowhere and ganked me! It has just spawned and there was no one else there to help me. However, once I respawned I was able to get that wasp. TAKE THAT WASP!!

What was really tough was the Ancient Oakheart tree thing. Dumb guy heals itself and there was only two of us!

Once while getting ready to talk to the Queen in Divinity's Reach my comp locked up at 95% loaded and had to reboot, other than that the only frustration was trying to level an engineer. Very fragile character, and lousy beginning weapon.

I had severe lag just like the 1st day of BWE. I just couldn't move, gave up after several attempts throughout the test. I was stressing over the physical aspect of my hands/arms trying to control my chars with lag, I just couldn't be that tense for extended time frame.

New compy made things so much better! I started a thief since I didn't get the chance to try that class out in the last BWE. The only problem that happened for me was trying to enter an instance, it loading to 95% and staying there. Had to use task manager to end GW2 then log back in. Other than that, same old same old. Still wish I had more than 3 hours to play. =(

I forgot I had the 95% problem too. I was trying to continue my storyline in Queensdale (the level 14 story, I forget the name) and it seemed to stop loading at 95%. I had to end GW2 via the Task Manager and restart the game. I didn't try to get back into the storyline instance. I played the full seven hours, then three hours of SWTOR. It was a very full gaming day! lol

Broke down and purchased Sunday night, found an old link directly to the downloader, and a few hours later, had this glorious music playing on a login screen.

My fear that I would work late, have 3 meals I had to cook, etc. were realized late Monday, having to work an hour over due to an upgrade that didn't go as planned. A late dinner, and it was 7pm est already, 2 hours from shutdown. My newborn daughter decided she wanted to be held and walked for a bit, so we strolled down the street and back. My wife settled in on the couch to watch some tv and hold the baby, and I had a few moments to attempt a login.

I got right in without the well-documented error-9 code, chose a server, and started through character creation. I went with human necro just to see how it played, and into the intro I went. I caught bits and pieces here and there, being pulled away to do some kitchen cleanup and pay some bills.

Getting back in game, I'm standing in a nighttime area with a lot of busy-ness going on around me - centaurs and seraph fighting and such. I kill a few centaurs, rez a guard or two, and start following the familiar green glowy blob on my map. I'm quickly ushered toward the garrison, where I help defend against and incoming rush of centaurs. I notice that my skills don't respond at first, but on try 3 or 4, the skill fires off. I can't tell if it's lag or if I'm cancelling the skill mid-cast.

The earth elemental fight had a nice lead-in, and was utter glorious chaos. I am quickly summoned to help soothe a crying baby as another cutscene plays, and upon returning find myself in shaemoor village.

Not wanting to spoil the storyline, I go exploring. Within a nearby cave, I happen upon some bandits. They have been amassing in a nearby farmyard, so I figured they needed a good talking-to. 10 minutes later, I have secured a meeting with the bandit chief, who promptly kicks me out of his office by way of his rifle.

A guildmate calls my cellphone to see if I made it in, and he parties up with me a few moments later. I spend the next several minutes helping guide the heir to Prince Rurik's spirit through several massive waves of centaurs. Just when I think I know where he's going, he sprints of in another direction to aggro even more centaurs. When there's a few of us there, my skills seem to fire off immediately, but a group of 20 plus baddies seems to slow skill reaction time.

I am then reassigned to take careful watch over a baby, who has become enamored with trying to stare at her own nose. She has also developed a case of the hiccups, and requires soothing by sitting in a bouncy seat near my chair. Having completed those hearts, I move on to take a quick dip in the fish and drake lake nearby. I have a strong aversion to fish, and nearly drown on a few occasions.

Moving on, I make my way back to the farms and go spider squishing. I am notified of another event - baby crying nearby. I also notice the clock, and shutdown is nearing. Picking up my daughter, I close gw2 for the night, and a moment later, hear that the test has completed. Not a bad night overall.

That does sound like a good day. We had a problem with one of the accounts not receiving mail but that was all.

Kel

Back