HA Bonus Weekend - Feb 20-22, 2009

DZwart

Legacy of Elijah Officer
I had a feeling this was coming up, and sure enough, the log-in screen announcement confirmed it, double fame, faction and HoH chest rewards this weekend!

Something tells me we're going to have 2 teams on Friday.

What time on Friday do you gather? Can you use an Elementalist?

I've never done PvP - I'd like my first time out to be with friends.

I try and get on around 6:00pm our time Abba. we may not actually start until 7:30, but its better to be early and guarantee a spot, than late and miss out.

Okay - I'll try to clear my schedule.

Is there a particular build for Elementalists that are good for PvP? I use a fire build for PvE. If I know what you need I can get the appropriate skills together.

First thing you should do - if you haven't done HA before, make sure you have access to the outpost. If you don't have "Heroes Ascent" as an outpost on the battle isles (go to the Great Temple of Balthazar and hit M, look at the NE corner of the map), you won't be able to participate this weekend... unless you can unlock it by then.

If you don't have the HA outpost, here's the instructions from The Official GW Wiki:
To get to Heroes' Ascent, start in the Random Arenas. Win there 5 times in a row, to unlock Team Arenas. Then win in the Team Arenas 5 times (it doesn't have to be in a row), which will unlock Heroes' Ascent. Once a character has unlocked Heroes' Ascent, it is unlocked for every character on the account.

If you have an PvP character, or open character slot, a PvP character is typically preferred since you aren't limited by the weapons, armor and skills you happen to have, but not an absolute necessity.

Also, TeamSpeak is very helpful. Even if you don't have a microphone, it will allow you to listen to instructions to allow you to stay with the team better. Here's some TS info if you need it.

As for elementalist builds, here are a few favorites:
Searing Flames
Savannah Heat
E/Rt Unsteady Ground (earth)

Thanks - I checked and I do have Heroes Ascent - although I do not recall fighting in the arenas. Maybe I did with another character.

Also, I do have Teamspeak on one of my computers, And I do have a microphone somewhere.

If your account is old enough you will have it automatically. I never did any TA or RA but I had HA unlocked already. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing there was an update that changed that.

When Factions came out and they added the Battle Isles, if you had any character to Tombs, you automatically had HA unlocked.

I don't have HA yet :( I've been to Tombs, but that was after Factions came out, so I guess that doesn't count. Seems like the biggest hassle is to win five times in a row in RA. I tried it once with my Warrior but didn't last long. Oh well, maybe once my Ele finishes NF I'll then focus on PvP.

Idk if I'll be there. I got a nasty cold and don't know if i'll be conscious tonight. Good luck tho! Hopefully I can be there.

Thanks to everyone who came last night. We did have a full team (or with 1 hero) for the whole night. We had one round where we won 3 consecutive matches and a second with 2 consecutive, great job! 18 fame total for those who were there all evening.

Our build last night was:
2-3 SH Ele
1-HB Infuse Mo
1-RC Prot Mo
1-LC Nec
1-AotL MM Nec
1-2 Melee - 1 Palm Strike Sin
0-1-Tease Hero Mes

I'd like to do it again tonight (Saturday), so if you're interested, keep a eye on alliance chat for me to log in tonight, or just start a team and I'll join when I log on!

Wow - that sounds like fun. I, too, could not make it. I'll try to look in tonight with a SH Ele.

I was askin around 9-ish and was told there was only like 1/2 people on, and never got informed of the people showing up, i coulda been the 8th man...and i woulda gotten rank 1 too...oh well

Sorry I couldn't go along on Saturday. I did get Teamspeak up and running but I had no mic (left it at the office).

DZwart - I heard you say hello but I couldn't figure out how to respond.

Eventually I will make a run with you guys in PvP.

Back