Halo for PC

I'm strictly a PC gamer, so I haven't yet played Halo. I'm pretty excited it is coming to the PC, but there are too many other games coming out around the same time, and unfortunately Halo did not make it onto my purchase list.
sad.gif

I may buy it a few months later, once I'm done playing the other games.

I think it will become the most popular PC game of the year, I mean Halo is just an awesome title. Although It is hard to see how it will hold out against Doom 3, that games graphix look pretty nice.

Off subject, where is the CGA based out of? It is a great concept. I own a gaming center in northern wisconsin and would love to have some CGA gamers up here

Yeah. Hopefully it will be one of the most popular titles this year. It would sure be sad if it disappointed. Who knows, if HL2 is delayed, perhaps I'll pick up Halo.

Not sure if I'd say CGA is based out of anywhere. It's all run by volunteers (Tek7 leading) from all over the world. Your best bet is to post on the main board asking if there are any gamers here from Wisconsin.

I live in Northern Illinois..very close to Wisconsin...where in Wisconsin are you? (I was born in Superior way up der in Wisconsin)

I hope it has remote server option like Battle field 1942 and counter strike. I hope they dont just have 1 centralized server. That always causes Lag
sad.gif

I dont think Halo will do that well on pc unless people all go for the hype its gonna get.. As a title it won by providing things that the console world was lacking.... But of course the PC market is an entirely different beastie and it may not appeal to everyone. Some of the features marked revolutionary when it first came out for the xbox are now dated and commonplace in pc software, though not much in consoles.

I think it is very unique in its game types and over all "feel" of the game. Halo Graphix are beautifull, but they are not entirely realistic. There is an Art quality to how they did the graphix. Also it lacks many realistic features like "stray bullets when running" but options that make the game fun because you can shoot and move.

Also its vehicles are a huge advantage, the warthog jumps and moves like it normally would, but can take damage. I have a feeling that Halo for PC will take the PC world by storm. Mainly because those XBOX FREAKS out there(like myself) will all buy it and hype it up, so everyone else will buy it to see what the hype is about.

You are right, it will be a awesome game mainly because of the hype out there for it. If halo had not come out on Xbox first it would have been just another ordanairy game.

Back