have a few questions

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
How do you guys organize them and get them started? do you have a rotating teacher system set up? do you guys meet each week at a set time and place? any other information would be great.

Reason why i am asking (DoAC is a great bunch of people) is as a whole Tek7 and most of the leadership i think wants to see ToJ move towards more spiritual base. I as the warcraft III leader, with the recent flux of people into wc3, want to start a weekly Bible study. i figured it would be a good idea to ask a group that already has once established.

(on yeah do not forget to go to the CGA convention at the end of may more info can be found in the main CGA forums)

In Christ
Charlie

Well, we thank you for your kind words.

As for the Bible Study, we usually let someone with a passion for it lead it. Malohaut has done it when he can. I think he is out of the country at the present. I personally think it works best when it is structured (a set place and time) but not manditory. When, we do it in DAoC God brings people to the guild. We usually do it in a public type place (we have church buildings in DAoC that helps). I beleive the Word of God draws people to the events. We keep them short no more than 15 mins. It is also good when the studies can be applied to the game. It is easy for us with the roleplaying aspect. We can go into Albion and "role play" the one true God.

I am pretty much rambling some thougths (too much coffee I think). There are others with more experience than I. Malo gets back at the end of the month (not sure if he can check in over seas).

We have done it 2 different ways. The most fun way has been in game. It has been led in the past by people who have had an interest, desire, and initiative to lead it.
Pretty much Malohaut and Gyllis. They would plan it a week or so ahead of time (for a while we were holding weekly bible studies in game and announce them as in game church services)
The guild members would all gather in Camelot cathedral (the main city)(though at one time we did hold them in the abbey outside of the city). Someone in the guild would announce in the alliance chat up to an hour before that church services were being held and someone would broadcast an open invitation to attend in the city we were in for those who might be interested in taking part.
The studies would be spoken outloud in /say so all who entered the church..or were at least close would hear the message that was being shared. Needless to say this has always drawn curious onlookers and at the same time exposed the guild in game for what we stand for. We have gained many members that way. There are many pictures in the gallery of these services.
We have also logged the services so those in the guild who were unable to attend could read them in the forums later.

The second way we have held them is directly in the forums so guild members could read about the study at their own pace and add their thoughts/comments also.

The main thing you need is someone with not only the desire but the time and initiative to host these studies. You also need someone with patience cause there will be times you prepare a study
and few if any take part. It is worth it to keep plugging away though as the Lord blesses you and others that take part in his own time. It is good to stay flexible as people's schedules tend to change a lot.
Talk to your guild/group and see whats the best time for the majority to attend or take part. Then log your studies so those that miss it have the option to still be a part of it.

Feel free to talk to malohaut when he returns in a week or so as he has been a wonderful spiritual leader in our guild. I hope this helps to answer your question.
smile.gif

its ok you both have been a great help maybe gyllis or malohaut can offer some more information.

Hey Charlie,

The Knights of the Trinity is a guild of the body of Christ who pray for each other, who's there for each other, and who fellowship with each other. Because we adventure in the game as Christians, we encourage each other's spirituality as best we can as well as share the good (great!) news with other DAoC players.

Now not many members come to the forums, and those who do, don't always post as either they have little time, or they are just interested in reading. So holding a group bible study in the forums isn't always as interactive as I'd like, but most seem to like coming to the forums just to read it and use it as teachings. When I did the 15 commandment series, I posted it in the forums, and although I tried to encourage responses, the people here just seemed content in reading. Its the same with my Genesis bible study. I post what I know, and if others wish to add, they may. But nothing routine or required.

Most of the activities that promote our spiritual relationship with our Lord, is best done in game. It is where I've done sermons and spiritual events as well as the occational one on one talks and sharings. I don't do Camelot sermons every week because I do not want it to turn into just a routine event like how a majority of contemporary Christians think about Sunday worship service. So I host services when I feel led, and will even host the occational several week series like I did during Christmas time. Or, I may perform special events for not only educating the scriptures, but for helping others in their spirituality as well. Like next weekend, once on Saturday and once on Monday, I will be holding a rededication and baptism for all Trinity believers.

So there is no routine planned here as many people come and go, and most just play the game. It is a body of Christ where each member performs whatever s/he feels led to do in God's timing. Like Icthus has been led to help lead the Trinity while we restructure and strengthen ourselves. I will occationally feel compelled to share a message or host a spiritual event, or will even do the occational bible study and share it with the guild (as I did with Romans once.)

So I guess to make a long story short, we do have events and studies that help promote the spirituality of our members, but its best done on God's timing and usually in game. Although I am currently working on increasing my efforts in this area, (Gyllis is on sabbatical), I am letting the Lord guide me, in His timing, into whatever avenue He wishes me to share.

Hope that helps as I am always (at least for now), here to answer questions and to help anyone who may desire. God bless you and may you have a wonderful week.

In Him,
Ken/Malohaut

yeah right now it seems like we would have a good turn out for Wc3 group 6-8 maybe, and someone has already step forward wanting to do one. Although i do see the problem with keeping it a set time and date each week, as it will become routine. Although like what i did at school (weekly praise and worship and Bible studies all student led at a Bible college ( yeah you dont get tired of all that P&W and studing do ya )) i think that as long as the people keep their eyes and hearts focus on the reason, and not just OK its 9 on monday time to go hear my weekly guilt trip... or whatever some people may think. thanks for the imput ken.

If you feel led to lead your group in this endeavor, be strong, don't get discouraged, and pray often. And most of all, continue to do it, even if nobody joins in. For through it, you will be a great blessing to all those who are there. I will be praying for you! May the Lord guide your steps and your heart as you seek to bring about His greater glory!

Back