Hotkeys, configuration for PvP Hunter?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
In my quest to achieve rank 3 in PvP, I joined a battleground the other day and realized. While I did okay, I realized that I'd developed my current set up for PvE and could use an overhaul to play PvP.

Any suggestions for toolbar and hotkey configurations?

With Osirys i had all my spells and buffs hotkeyed with my Logitech G15 keyboard.... that was before the patch... now you have to use the in-game hotkey interface, instead of the program that comes with the keyboard. What i do now is i have setup ALT-Numpad, CTRL-Numpad and ALT+CTRL-Numpad hotkeys (1-9). Thats 27 different hotkeys for you to use with 12 keys.

Roll a paladin and you only need to bind three keys. Auto Attack, Divine Shield and your Hearth stone. Of course I am joking, you also need to bind consecration for 1337 damage too.

On a more serious note, I would make sure you have your spells for kiting bound for easy access. Things like concussion shot, wingclip and aspect of the cheetah. Next up would be your viper and serpent stings along with your shots. Frost traps for flags is good to have readily available. But I have only played a hunter in the low levels, I am sure there is a lot more.

Taken from a previous post I made somewhere

My setup

When I want to auto attack I just right click on the mob. For autoshot I just click on the icon thats 3rd down in the outside most right action bars. I'm going to use "->" instead of hotkeyed to or remapped to.

Freezing trap -> G
Feign Death -> R
Scatter Shot -> T
Hunter's Mark -> V/8
Viper Sting -> 9/Y
Immolation trap -> NumPad +
Aspect of the Cheetah -> Numpad 7/Home
Apect of the Hawk -> Numpad 8/Up Arrow
TrueShot Aura -> Numpad 9/Page up
Mount -> Numpad - (mounting and dismounting with the same key to get those horde chasing you, or flee after fding)

This isn't the greatest hotkeyes setup in the world but I have been playing with it for so long that I would /cry if it were changed.

The reason I like this is because I still use the W key to move my toon around as opposed to clicking the left and right mouse buttons at the same time. The left index finger gets a really good work out as well, and this same setup moves into the other toons I play as well. Having instant/major things hot keyed helps. If theres any questions, comments post away.

Back