How do you Americans deal with the Gangs out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is your definition of Thug, but when TuPac used it he put his own spin on the definition. He did that for many words.
N.I.G.G.A. - never iggnorant of getting goals accomplished.

Rappers rap about what they see in their comunity, u might not like it but rap is the CNN of the streets. I don't hear u complaining how CNN is glorifying terrorists. Their sharing with u what they've seen. Sometimes they tell it from a first person perspective, sometimes from a third, but their telling a story.
U hear the songs and all u hear is ohh the said the F word or the B word, instead of listining to the whole thing and trying to find the msg behind it.
I'm not saying that all songs have a positive msg, some are just fables. Its called art, this is the same as saying harry potter promotes satan and witchcraft.

Fair Enough, I understand your point and your perception. And tu pac may have done that he "may have tried too , But now look at some of Ice cube or Ice T songs, sure there are a few songs hitting the "Get out of the getttho life style. But There are way more promoting, pimping (For the real term- Human trafficking , or slave trade. Prositution is a form Human trafficking period, see how many girls get out the lyfestyle.) Shooting your enemy, beating your fellow man, and talking like a drunken sailor on crack.

I mean I liked Tu Pac song Dear Momma

But here a line form that

“”Even though I sell rocks””
Feels good putting money in your mail box”

So here we have some one who loves there mother so much, that selling Crack cocaine to the masses is justified, because he wants to help her make rent. In doing this He is putting little children in harms way do to Territorial disputes. He is adding to the common persons tax dollar for better equipment for police to handle the drug problem. He will have to kill and brutalize those who would try and take his little empire. He is enslaving someone’s mother, brother, sister, or father. If you never seen the reality of a family torn apart my drugs, and I mean the type of drugs that makes mothers sell there children and prostitute them selves out. Then you wouldn't protect it so much.

The fact is Gandhi, AS a Man thinks so is he. I still like rap music, but I am very careful what I allow myself to dwell on. So I am finished with my 2 cents, The swear words alone are reason enough for me not to listen, much less the promotion of the abuse of my fellow human being.

Well Ice T did songs about being a pimp, because he was a pimp, in hawaii for many years.

Well Tupac tried to sell drugs when he was kicked out of his moms house beut he said he wasn't very good at it so the dealers took their stuff back from him. And he did create the thug code which was a set of rulez for gang members to follow, like don't sell drugs close by to schools, stop drive by's and so on. I think he had a good heart in trying to get this stuff started but its hard to change everyone. He once said I can't tell the guys on the street to stop selling drugs, unless I'm willing to feed all of them. And he was right its hrd to break people out of that cycle, and there is always going to be drug dealers, because there are always going to be poor people who need money, and their always going to be addicts. We don't have the perfect society where everyone can work a 9-5 job and be happy. Thats not reality.
I don't think either one of us is going to budge, but thats cool we're all welcome to believe our own truth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back