How to distinguish Satguru (Human Incarnation) and Guru?

How to distinguish Satguru (Human Incarnation) and Guru?

In the word Satguru, the prefix ‘Sat’ means truth. A Satguru always preaches the truth. Truth is always harsh and is not liked by several people. Therefore a Satguru will have only very few disciples. A Satguru says that the path with thorns will lead to the Lord. People will not like this. He also says that the path with flowers leads to hell. People will not be happy with this preaching. A Guru preaches which several people like. The Guru says that the nature of the goal will be the nature of the path. Since the Lord is full of bliss the path also must be with flowers giving happiness. Since the hell is giving you lot of pain the path with thorns which also gives lot of pain must lead to the hell. This argument is very attractive. Several people will like this and will become the followers of Guru. Several people will praise him and give lot of Guru Dakshina because his argument is pleasant.

But a Satguru says that the path with thorns alone will lead to the Lord because in this path you have to cut the bonds with your family and with your hard-earned money. Sacrifice gives lot of pain and sacrifice alone will lead to the Lord. The path with flowers strengthens your bonds with your family and money which gives you lot of happiness. Such path leads to the hell. Several people do not like such argument and so only one or two persons who can realize the truth will become His disciples. A Satguru will never worry about the number of the disciples and about the quantity of Guru Dakshina. Even if a single disciple is available He is happy. Majority always goes to hell. Only one in millions like Sankara, Vivekananda, Meera can reach the Lord. Diamonds are always in minority. Gravel stones are in majority. Therefore a Satguru will be only one in thousands of Gurus and a true disciple will be only one in millions of disciples. When you are doing prayers you are praising the Lord as a poet praises a king.

The foolish king may give some gift to the poet. But the omniscient Lord can never be fooled by such praise. When you sing songs are chant the name of the Lord or express the feelings of devotion by shedding tears or by meditation you are getting the happiness and peace immediately. You have achieved the fruit. The Lord will not give another fruit for these things. When you are pained and loose peace by cutting the family bonds and by sacrificing your work and wealth to the Lord, then only the Lord will give the real gift to you. When you are working in the field for the owner, doing the work pains you. The owner will pay money for your work. Without doing the work, if you are simply chanting the name of the owner or sing songs on the owner, a wise owner will never give any gift. You have already derived the bliss and peace by eating the sweet in your hand. Why should I pay you when you are eating the sweet? When you sacrifice the sweet to me I shall pay you. A Satguru teaches only the sacrifice which is the path with thorns leading to the Lord. Veda says that sacrifice alone can bring the grace of the Lord (Dhanene Tyagenaike).

If you ask the payment by prayers and devotion the Lord will pay you from your pocket only. He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles and present them to you. But when you are sacrificing the sweet to the Lord in spite of your hunger and your heart pain, the Lord rewards you from His pocket. Therefore the true path leading to the Lord can be identified by loss of peace, mental worry, pain etc., The path to the hell is identified by peace, happiness, benefit etc., Satguru leads you to the Lord and Guru leads you to the hell.

At the Lotus Feet of His Holiness Sri Dattaswami

Anil Antony

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
antonyanil@universal-spirituality.org

The Lord will not give another fruit for these things

For reference...the Fruits of the Spirit are:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

He will bring the results of good deeds from your future life cycles and present them to you

Hebrews 9:
27 Just as man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

Genesis1315 said:
For reference...the Fruits of the Spirit are:
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law

Can man bear those fruits without the help of the spirit?

If not, please explain how I can exhibit those traits while lacking belief in dieties.

Dark Virtue said:
QUOTE]

Yes. It's often called an element of the image of God left in humanity even after the fall. Dunno if this is accurate, but I've also heard it associated with "common grace"?

From this discussion atleast we come to know where our devotion stands. Even just to hear the truth, our minds get turmoiled. Not even an inch has been practiced but to hear itself is very difficult. Even though Jesus (Lord) sacrificed His life, we are not ready to leave a penny for Him. This is our devotion. This discussion also helped us in bringing out of the illusion that we are all saved and go to the kingdom of Lord i.e., His world which is even above Heaven. Hell & Heaven are temporary only, but once anybody goes to His kingdom, it is eternal.

By just following 2 or 3 easy verses from bible, can we say that we have followed the complete Bible? This problem exists in all religions. Even in Hinduism, people follow 2 or 3 easy verses from Gita and think that they have followed full

At the same let us not get disheartened. Let us learn the true divine knowledge and put the spiritual effort slowly and slowly so that one day or other we could do before this life ends. At the same Lord had already given assurance that He will always be associated with the devotee in helping him/her in this pursuit. So be cheerful and try to put effort sincerely in this direction if interested. Otherwise it is up to you.

Anil Antony

The truth I love truth but as Christian I'm learning to walk on egg shells when it comes to speaking the truth and I don't just mean the word of God here.

To speak the truth in the Christian circle you must be gentle and kind when doing so.

It is not easy to speak the truth in a loving way especially when its a harsh word of truth.

That old saying that the truth hurts is quite correct especially for the one who is speaking it.

I know this from experience and to tip toe around the truth is not my idea of being truthful when it comes to it but especially though when it comes to God's word.

Does the truth hurt? Yes! Does the truth set you free? Yes, however
if you are not set free it is because you have refused to act upon it.

My hat goes off to people who love the truth but the majority hate hearing the truth and to those who speak it with all its force God bless you and keep you safe.

When it comes to the truth I think of it this way " To spare the rod is to spoil the child".

Here is truth for you dattswami you will evently run out of topics that points back to you a so called self appointed messenger of your self truth.
And let it be known to you that we are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ and because of it you will not pull me or any of my brothers in Christ away from the truth for there is only one way and Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life.

Last edited:
dattaswami said:

Anil Antony

Mr. Antony, please allow me to share truth with you. I quote one of the greatest theological personas of our time, the reverend Billy Graham:

"Jesus told his disciples, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me' (John 14:6). He did not merely point the way to God. He himself claimed to be the only way to the Father and the source of eternal truth and life.

The way to God is through personal faith in Jesus Christ. Intellectual acceptance of Christ is not enough. You must come to him determined to turn from what displeases him, with a total trust in Christ's saving power for you.

Christ promises those who turn to him: 'Whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed from death to life' (John 5:24).

Today you can come to him by surrendering your life and heart to Christ. The Bible says: 'To all who received him (Jesus Christ), to those who believed in his name he gave the right to become children of God' (John 1:12)."

I'd love to believe that many paths and systems of belief can lead to God. But if that were so, there would have been absolutely no need for Christ to die on the cross. I hope you will reflect upon the death and resurrection and the purpose thereof, and come to know the salvation that has been set at your feet by the God of the universe Himself.

Paul

Last edited:
I think so. Likewise a Christian won't always successfully act on these fruits, although if they're listening they're usually quickly rebuked by them.

This is why the word states that we are saved by grace through faith, not by works, because any man can live up to *our* standards of good behavior, and saved or not we all fall short of perfection. The fruits are a mention of the changes we should see when we are filled with Christ. Loving people in general, joy and peace on a very internal level, even while being persecuted.

Dark Virtue said:

If not, please explain how I can exhibit those traits while lacking belief in dieties.

Dark Virtue said:

Ah, there is a differance in opinions here as well.

What man deems to be the fruits of the spirit are far differant than what God views them as. What we (the human race) may see as being patience, could actually be someone who simply has resigned themselves to waiting.

Also, are you sure that you are exhibiting these traits?

Back