Hunter Pet Speeds Being Normalized

Elwood

Hunter Pet Attack Speeds Being Normalized

Per Drysc:

Pet attack speeds are being normalized, true. While it will certainly make the specific pets that have been the "must have" for a long time less desirable in some situations, in turn it would do the exact opposite of what you're stating and open the pool of pets to choose from to become much larger. You'll be able to choose a pet now based on many defining characteristics instead of just which one hits faster.

I am still uncertain about the new relationship between hunter and pet to know how much of a nerf this is. Due to the wide-ranging changes being made to the hunter class, I will have to take a "wait and see" approach to how the pet change will also affect things.

Overall, I find the amount of changes to be creating more confusion than anything.

Last edited:
Normalized attack speed is a nurf but it has been foretold for over a year already so no hunter should be annoyed by it. I knew one day "Broken Tooth" would be dismissed and "Humar" would become my main - why? Cause only class of pet makes a difference now, not within the class. There are no longer "Lupos" examples. The classification now is dps, hybrid and tank and depending on which is more important to you, it is now only a matter of the "skin" - sadly :(

Per Drysc:

Pet attack speeds are being normalized, true. While it will certainly make the specific pets that have been the "must have" for a long time less desirable in some situations, in turn it would do the exact opposite of what you're stating and open the pool of pets to choose from to become much larger. You'll be able to choose a pet now based on many defining characteristics instead of just which one hits faster.

Now you'll be able to use the pet you like for various situations instead of "needing" to choose a specific pet for those situations.

I wouldn't say it's been fine, there are many pets that are cold and lonely, and they need a friend. Why aren't you being their friend?

Drysc's way of saying "sucks to be you, deal with it" and the hunters are. Sadly the pets just are not living up to the level they should for being a main part of a hunter's life. I still hope they make many more changes.

Back