I AM STUPID!

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
to play cs i download the steam 1.6 right??

yeah.  I got mine from ccgr.org Download "CS 1.6 Full"  I don't know what the difference between cs 1.6 and cs 1.6 full is.  Actually you can probably just download steam from the steamwebsite (www.steampowered.com) and it'l tell you that stuff... but i just downloaded it from ccgr.  After you install that, Cs will need to be patched still.  It'l automaticly do it.  If you Dl Cs 1.6 full, then make sure you have a good downloading program that if the dl stops or you disconnect, doesnt let the stuff you've already downloaded get lost.

And also my cs Handle is "I'm with stupid ^" so if you ever play i will probably be the guy with the score below you
tounge.gif

You need a retail copy of half-life, DoD, or CS, as CS 1.6 is only a mod. you will need 1.6 full to upgrade a retail version, unless you already have version 1.5 installed.

yeah i told him that in one of my funniest posts in the general discussion.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Yeah you can buy half life and then play cs from it all you have to do is
1. Buy half-life
2. Find a good place to download a steam program (counterstrike 1.6 full) which patches counterstrike. Too bad there aren't any christian websites that have fast downloads to game patches like that. I wish there was one. Really. If I were to make a website like that I would probably call it www.ccgr.org. Short for christian centered game reviews. It would be a great website because I would have no wait time and real fast downloads. Too bad somebody already registered that domain... Then i would hide the file under downloads and then mods and patches.
3. Anyway then you install half life on your computer then run steam which will probably be really buggy and stuff. but will eventually work after several restarts and maybe a reinstallation of windows. If it still doesnt work try reformatting and starting over.
4. Add "fleck" first name chester to your friends list and bother me until I agree to play with you.
5. Make sure you have a cable modem because A. The patch is is 400 some megs (i think there are some smaller files to install it but i dont remember which) and counterstrike is kinda laggy if you dont have cable. But still you can install hacks on your computer *cough* amusedtoe *cough* and get a higher score than me.
6. Thats about it. Except i was just kidding about amused hacking. *cough* aimbot *cough*.
7. Buy the pump shottgun. Its the best weapon in the game!
8. Gl Hf
Its the first page on the cs-cz thread. Good stuff.

yeah i finally baught Half-life and now im dlin 400 mb steam 1.6 on a 56k
wow.gif
wow.gif
so this is first time in while ive checked forums

56k?? i didn't know u had 56k!!!! oh well, i suggest switching to DSL/Cable. It's much better for CS play.
smile.gif

i would but i cant. dont have it in my area.

If u use Steam 1.6 install, and if you have 1.5, it'll try to duplicate some of the 1.5 settings, and bring it and enable it to 1.6. If you do not have 1.5, just install Steam, and it'll install the default settings. (original maps etc.)

Back