I have, in my hot little hands, U2XMP

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
I've installed and tested Unreal II Extended Multiplayer. Time to rock and/or roll. *G*

Now all I need is some free time to play. ;_;

Ok, well as soon as we *both* have some free time, I'll meet you on the servers.
smile.gif
I haven't found a fave server yet, but keep this in mind: the pings that you see in the "in-game server browser" are totally out of whack and not representitive of what your true ping is. Stick to using ASE or GameSpy.

I'll probably start playing more XMP because Q3F, unfortunately, is on its last legs. It's so sad, I love the game so much, but the player numbers just aren't out there like they use to.
sad.gif

Anybody else into some XMP action?

Blar. Preoccupation with upcoming Christian Gamers Alliance conference + girlfriend in town for the weekend = distracted, non-gaming--but happy--Tek.

Shagz: Since I have you on my ASE buddy list, I should be able to track you down any time you're playing U2XMP. I also may need to re-add you to my contact list as most of my ICQ contacts are outta whack and deleting and re-adding them is the only thing that fixes the problem. >_<

I still need to play through the tutorial and my gaming time is going to be very, very slim, so I hope I can pick up on this and rock at it very quickly.

Feel free to IM me any time you're heading into a game and leave the IP address, even if I'm away.

Hey I have the demo of XMP . If you post an ip address or email me one I'll
try to hook up with you all when you play.

Hey ColdSteel, long time no see!

Um, is this still Unreal Tournament, or the new versions of it like UT2003? I still like to play UT every now and then but don't have the newest version.

Sorry Elite, not UT1999 or UT2003 but Unreal 2 XMP, a free expansion for Unreal 2 that adds rather unique multiplayer component (IMO, although I've heard the game compared to BF1942 but with a sci-fi theme). Here's the pseudo-official site (don't have an official one anymore as Atari sacked Legend Entertainment, developers of Unreal 2 and XMP) and a great preview with screenshot of XMP. Not really much info at the official site right now as it just launched, so you'll get more information about the game from the latter link, the preview.

If this is all very confusing, I'm not surprised. I'm starting to wonder if Epic's risking fracturing their user base with all these UT games.

UT1999
UT2003
UT2004 (coming soon, and from what I've read, incompatible with UT2003)
Unreal 2
Unreal 2 XMP

Hiya Elite and everyone else. I've been around , I have had another shift change so I don't get home until 2:30am EST then I gotta scrub off all that coal dirt from the mines. It's been hectic around here with where my daughter got married Jan 3rd. Now that's over I've been doing research for a new computer. The parts are on the way. well most of them anyway. Reading reviews and such for the best parts to use is time consuming. I've also been after the local managers to get high speed internet to my area.
XMP doesn't play well with dial up I've found. It may just be the servers fault
biggrin.gif
.I'm still deciding about a processor and I'm leaning toward Intel P4 3.2 but the cost is up there. I've read that Intel is doing a price cut Feb 1st. So I'm going to wait until then to decide.
AMD 64 is still not out of the picture yet but I'm going to do a lot of video transfers to archive my vcr tapes on DVD. I still play UT and UT2K3 inbetween everything. (I feel like Tek- so busy).

Back