I'm lonely and feeling hopeless. Issues I thought were under control are not.

AMorrii

My life has been changed in some ways that are making things hard for me to cope. In the last few months many things and people I was comfortable with are no longer safe. My brother recently changed the context of our relationship drastically. I won't say what he did but we used to be best friends. For me that's not something to be taken lightly. We trusted each other and he knows me better than anyone in the world. We had an uncommonly strong friendship even for brothers. Then in July I found out that he had been lying to me for months about the previously mentioned thing that will not be named. I was furious about what he had been doing but I was heartbroken that he lied to me about it. We went for about 2 weeks without a word to each other (we live in the same house) because I didn't even know what to say. When we did start talking about the issue that needed resolved he was sorry that he had hurt the people that he had but he expected and wanted my trust that he had before. When I told him that it would take a loooong time for that to happen he was angry with me and now refuses to do anything to help repair the relationship. I've already made up my mind to forgive him but he's cut me out of his life and has new people he trusts. I feel like he doesn't even want what we had anymore. I almost don't either but he's my only friend. I've never had a real friend besides him. The other closest person to me began to show some signs of being an appropriate friend but he just moved away. I have no idea what to do. I'm lonely and I need a friend/comrade/partner but making friends is so hard for me. I actually met a girl that my sister would be good friend for me. We have a lot in common and she's nice but we are both very introverted and haven't actually spoken real words to each other. It's just really awkward and feels synthetic or fake. Please pray for me to find a true friend.

I have one more request for prayer or advice. I'm not sure if it's related to the previous wall of text or just coincidence that it's a problem right now. I had a lot of issues with anger towards my parents, depression, and hopeless mindset when I was younger. I thought that I was over all that and I had killed it but lately I've been getting very angry about thing I had already forgiven people for. The thought that God doesn't exist or that he doesn't care anymore has crossed my mind more than once this week. I have no idea how to stop the loneliness and the anger but I do know that if I let it take over again that I won't come out of it for a good long time.

Please pray for me and you have my thanks.

-Adam

<3 bro, sorry for the stuff going on. We'll be praying for you and that God can show you the path out. A strange thing about loneliness is that its not a sin or something to be ashamed of, its a good human mechanism for driving us closer to Christ in certain times.

Bless you dude.

Any updates or thoughts? Still praying yo!

Going over prayer list, any update?

Things should be getting better soon I hope. I've called my parents and I will be staying with them until next year. They've also offered to take me to (and pay for) a councilor which is something I have not made a decision on yet. I haven't spoken with my brother since OP so no update there. Still a bit lonely but I'm not wanting to fling myself out of tall buildings anymore. I think I'm on the right track. I'll be flying home on Sunday and will hopefully be getting myself in right standing. Thanks for your prayers.

Back