Important! Private Message Cleanup

Lloren

Christian Gamers Alliance Forums Administrator
We have been having some issues with the private messaging system so we will be cleaning it up on Tuesday evening.

What?
All private messages older than 30 days will be removed from the system.

Why?
Performance and database issues with current private messages in the system.

Who?
That's you. Your private messages older than 30 days will be erased. If you want to keep a message please back it up via screenshot or copy and past.

Last edited:
It's also possible to back up private messages with the export feature found near the bottom of the page on the PM inbox screen.

Ok just cut an past mine to a Word document. Thanks for the reminder to check about cold potatoes.

You can back up all your PMs at once by visiting your PM inbox, scrolling to the bottom of the page, then clicking any of the links under "Download all Private Messages as" - Options are XML, CSV, and Text.

You can back up all your PMs at once by visiting your PM inbox, scrolling to the bottom of the page, then clicking any of the links under "Download all Private Messages as" - Options are XML, CSV, and Text.
I did this. Glad that functionality is here in the system. Thanks for pointing out how to do it! :D

The forums are in the process of e-mailing 1,046 users right now, so everyone with a current e-mail address who's logged in since Jan. 1, 2011 should get an e-mail alert about the PM cleanup tomorrow night (Tuesday, Dec. 11).

EDIT: Okay, e-mails are sent!

Last edited:
The backup links will save your sent PMs (in your Sent Items folder) as well as your received PMs (in your Inbox folder).

I know because I just backed up 1,612 PMs total. ^^;;

EDIT: The PMs dated back to August 26, 2011.

Back