Interest in Unreal Tournament 2007?

Are you interested in Unreal Tournament 2007?

• Total voters
there is no "only if it runs in linux" option
Or "only if I manage to build a new computer before UT2007 is released" option.

I'd be surprised if Epic didn't release a Linux version with the retail package, since they offered a Linux version for UT2004 at launch (if I remember correctly).

Or "only if I manage to build a new computer before UT2007 is released" option.

I'd be surprised if Epic didn't release a Linux version with the retail package, since they offered a Linux version for UT2004 at launch (if I remember correctly).
What he said. And, UT2003 (I think) included a third disk with a Linux version of the game as well.

I already know my current system can not run it and I refuse to upgrade for any game.
I would refuse to upgrade for almost any other game, but I have much, much <3 for Epic and UT2004. And hey, I'll need to upgrade at some point, right?

...Right?

I'm good for UT2007. I'm really looking forward to it. I would love to try out a linux os if it wasn't so hard to configure for games and such. I thought about dual booting. One linux version just for UT 2004 -07 . That way it would get rid of all the XP garbage running in the background and maybe eating up my precious dialup bandwidth. I ordered Ubuntu for free so I now have it but not for sure it's a good gaming OS.

I'm hopefully going to be doing an upgrade this winter, 'round Christmas time, so when that happens, that's when I'll get UT2007.

Dial up + linux = bleh. Gentoo is the best for gaming, because you can tweak it to death. any linux distro would be ok for gaming. Gentoo is a royal pain to install tho. It would be possible to make a livedvd or usb key with a linux install and ut2007(if they release it for linux, 99% likely).

If my current hardware cannot run it, I will upgrade. Actually, I'll just build a whole new computer, and I'll probably put it in a Shuttle barebones system so I can take it to competitions. Many of the LOB are doing the same. We plan to have an active high-level team again, as we once did in UT2003, upon 2k7's release.

So, yes, you could say I was interested. :)

Also, Shagz, the release date they have currently set is "first half of 2007" so don't jump the gun too much on upgrading or you might not get all the bang for your buck.

Back