Isaiah

SSquared

Isaiah's prophecies are geared towards Judah, their downfall, and eventual capture by the Babylonians. As we have read (and will continue to read) in Kings and Chronicles, the kings of Judah have made some poor decisions. Decisions that may seem right by man (making treaties with other kingdoms) but lack a trust in God.

Isaiah 5-8

The big item today is Isaiah's commission or calling into ministry. Even though it is Chapter 6, the actual event probably took place before the first Chapter. We can clearly see Isaiah is called into ministry here. The famous words, "Whom shall I send?" and Isaiah's powerful response, "Here am I. Send me!" What a powerful entry into following God's plan. I think it sort of strange, at the point of the calling, God makes it clear the people will not listen. Making it even more clear the prophecies will come true.

He has already started proclaiming some of the prophecies. It will be interesting as we read chronologically to see how this all fits together with Kings/Chronicles. We will also get to read from the prophets who lived at the same time as Isaiah.

Thats really weird... I decided to start reading Isaiah last night... but I will be gone for 5 days so...

Isaiah 11

Clearly! This is a prophecy pointing to the Messiah, Jesus. It has already been prophesied the Messiah will come through Judah. Uggh. I should remember where this is, but I'm at a loss. Maybe someone else can help me out here.
smile.gif
But it has something to do with God saying David will always have someone on the throne. In other words, the Israelites expect their final King, the Messiah, to be from the line of Judah.

In verse 1 we read, "A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse."

So, who is Jesse? And what's this stump? Well, Jesse was David's father, and they ARE from the tribe of Judah. As we've been reading, after Solomon's son took the throne, the kingdom became divided. The northern and southern kingdoms, Israel and Judah. Isaiah has been prophesying God's judgement upon Judah. They will be taken away into captivity. This 'stump' is referring to the few who are left.

Wow, I just love it when you guys commentate on the scriptures. It is truly enlightening.

Well, upon reading Isaiah chapter 7, this scripture jumped out at me.........

Isaiah 7:9......"If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all."

I wasn't sure at the time why this jumped out at me, but it was definitely out there. Well after finishing my reading for the day, I continued to go through my email.

I'm not sure if any of you have ever heard of Grassfire.net, but I'm really involved in that. I sign most all of the petitions, and then forward them to everyone in my addy book.

Well, in the flesh I get quite irritated that people proclaiming themselves to be christian don't take the minute to sign some of these very important petitions. Especially, because I blame our generation for the state the world is in today. I remember this saying as I was growing up....."You can't fight city hall." Well, because we grew up believing that, look at where we are today.

Well, to make a long story short, as I looked at how many of my friends had not signed the petition I was forwarding, not sure which one it was, I felt the Lord had given me that scripture to put in my pleas for their signatures. It was pretty amazing.

To tell you what I got from it......The Lord has shown me through this scripture and a few others, that if we don't stand with Him, we are in actuality standing against Him. May I take this time to suggest that you visit www.grassfire.net and check out the petitions there.

I find it so typical that we sit around the table, so to speak, and complain about the world today. But what are we willing to do about it? Take a stand, trust in God, and watch the harvest!!!

For those of you who were teens in the 70's, I'm sure if you think about it, you'll see what I'm talking about that some of today's morals, or lack of, is our faults. Or was it our parents??? Whatever the case, we "CAN" make a difference today.

God Bless you all.

Another good place is Jay Sekulow.

Boy! Is Isaiah 43 a fantastic prophecy or what? Written well before Christ and yet is full of prophecy regarding Him.

"He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him." Israel was expecting a king. An earthly king. That is not who Jesus was.

"He was despised and rejected by men." Ummm, yep. Rejected to the point of crucifixion.

"But he was pierced for our transgressions." Jesus got the nails in his hands and feet, died, so our sins may be completely forgiven.

"By His wounds we are healed." The wounds He suffered, bring us healing. They bring us cleansing. They bring us a relationship with God.

"He was opposed and afflicted, yet he did not open his mouth." This just amazes me. Jesus was convicted of a 'crime' He did not commit. And yet He chose to remain silent, and not fight back.

There's more, but you get the idea.

Back