It's coming...

very nice....I like it
smile.gif

Cory

just slightly.

I notice I'm not on the roster at all...

neither under my first name Shadow-Man OR Amorphus.  is this a subtle hint?  
biggrin.gif

also, make the copyright notice clickable, and link to here just so that people are a little more wary about stealing your stuff.
laugh.gif

We are taking a look at the navbar to see if it can be sharpened up. As for the member list, it is old an not complete. It was just a small dump so I could test out my code. When the new site goes up, we will actually clear out all the members and have everyone rejoin. That way we can clean up the database as it is hard to determine who are still active members.

Actually i heard.. (i dunno if this is common knowledge and i may get whooped for saying this) that the roster is being wiped with the arrival of the new website and everyone is going to have to rejoin o_O

Now the membership admin is gonna love that..

Oh wait

Thats me

lol

Yeah, it will hurt if there are still 400+ active members. We will have to make sure that the membership approval pages are extremely easy to use.

Oh quick note on tight web fonts...

In photoshop you set your size in pixels but also set the dpi to around 300. Why you ask.. simple...
While it makes no effect on any imported graphics etc onto your new button/navbar/thing it does restrict your font size. Instead of you using a 10mm font in 200 pixels and having photoshop anti-alias it to death, it restrict to a size < 3mm say and you get a much crisper result when you apply all those funky filters.

This is just from personal experience, so i could be completely wrong but it seems to work on my HL decals. I havent doen much button creation recently.Here endeth lesson 1.

WOOHOO!

I'm personally thrilled by the new web site, for many reasons. First and foremost, I won't be designing it! *dances a jig* Though Candle and Kralgon have been the primary web monkeys for our current site, I had a part in designing the graphics and basic HTML code of the site. Prior to that, I designed nearly all of Tribe of Judah's web content. >_<

The new system is going to favor function over form, which is pure bliss for administrators. The site will be more interactive, and will relieve much of Rizz's workload as membership administrator. All around, this new site is going to rock, and I must restrain myself from dancing around the room in a rather ridiculous fashion every time I visit the WIP (work in progress) site.

MANY MANY thanks go to Elite and Plankeye who have invested much time and effort into the new Tribe of Judah site. Of course, if we were going to put a version number on it, I believe it would be 6.0 or 7.0 or something like that. *grin*

Thanks for all the good words.  Rizz helped me get the navigation bar's font a little clearer.

<span id='ME'><center>Plankeye just wonders who voted in the poll to fire the web monkey...
biggrin.gif
</center></span>

Back