Jan 10, 2004

Kidan

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I now send you, to open their eyes . . . that they may receive forgiveness of sins . . .
—Acts 26:17-18

Today's UTMOST

Today's devotion talks about the dfference between seeing salvation and receiving salvation.

How many of us, see somehing and knowing we want it, never get it? Being an adult with a wife and child, I see lots of things I'd like to have, but which I won't get because I know it's best for my family for me to not receive them.

Yet with salvation, we see it, we know about it, yet we don't take the time to actually receive it. How can I say this? Because salvation, the acceptance that Christ gave His saving grace to us, and we gave ourselves to Christ, is a hard truth for us to accept. We don't like to 'get things for free' and most importantly, we don't like not being in charge of ourselves.

We want salvation, but we don't want to pay the price for it: Acceptance and Turning ourselves over.

Today I'd like you to take time (It's Saturday, so most of us has a little extra time) and think. Is my salvation real, or just a show piece? Have I truly given myself totally and utterly to Christ, placing myself, my welfare, and my future in His hands? Am I willing to accept the gift that God has so willingly given us?

Back