Jan. 18, 2004

Kidan

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1:13 Therefore, get your minds ready for action29 by being fully sober, and set your hope30 completely on the grace that will be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed.31 1:14 Like obedient children, do not comply with32 the evil urges you used to follow in your ignorance,33 1:15 but, like the Holy One who called you, become holy yourselves in all of your conduct, 1:16 for it is written, “You shall be holy, because I am holy.”34 1:17 And if you address as Father the one who impartially judges according to each one’s work, live out the time of your temporary residence here35 in reverence. 1:18 You know that from your empty way of life inherited from your ancestors you were ransomed—not by perishable things like silver or gold, 1:19 but by precious blood like that of an unblemished and spotless lamb, namely Christ. 1:20 He was foreknown36 before the foundation of the world but37 was manifested in these last times38 for your sake. 1:21 Through him you now trust39 in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

1 Peter

Today we're taking a short break from My Utmost for His Highest, and delving into a devotion God has laid upon my heart.  

It concerns soberiety, obediedance and holiness.  I've often been called too serious, too stiff, to sober.  When this happens I point to these scriptures.  They tell us to be sober-minded, obediedent and HOLY in all things we do.  They tell us that we should be an example of Holiness to the world.  Why?  Because He who paid the price for our sins is Holy.  
God by His nature is a Holy God, and He calls us to be a holy people.  You must remember that holiness is not a trait, but a state of being.  It means being sanctified.  It means living as God wishes.  It means following the steps of Christ.  It means carring your cross every day.  

Holiness is doing the right thing all the time, every time.
Holiness is doing the right thing when noone is around.

Holiness unto the Lord, is not a statement, it is a way of life.  One that we, as Christians, should strive for constantly and consistently.  

Even when noone is around.

Back