January 1, 2004

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
First and foremost, I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year in 2004 and thank everyone who'll be participating in this year's daily devotional forum. So, Happy New Year and thank you!
biggrin.gif

Now, moving on to the discussion of the "My Utmost For His Highest" January 1 entry...

When reading this passage, I was at first stunned into silence--and conviction--by Oswald Chambers' vehement instructions to put aside all distractions to follow the Lord. I've seen many devotionals, sermons, and Christian literature that "eases" into the topic at hand but Chambers simply blasts right into it, leaving no room for such modern pleas as, "Well, I don't want to offend anyone" or "I need to find my own way." Chambers spells it out in no uncertain terms: surrender everything to Christ.

Many Christians usually view this point, whether consciously or subconsciously, as the endpoint of the Christian faith. Chambers establishes it as the beginning. In a time where recklessness is more dangerous than ever, Chambers' command to recklessly abandon ourselves to Christ is more timely than ever.

Let us all stop making excuses for our misbehavior at once and just step out on faith. Give up those things that stand between you and Christ and sprint, don't walk, toward Him. Being careful is all well and good when dealing with humans, but recklessly abandoning ourselves to the Lord, as He wishes us to do, can only yield ultimately positive results.

Back