Kingdom appointments verses elected officials

Jeshurun

We live in a world that is mainly where we elect our officials but we know at some time Jesus will rule this earth for a thousand years.

During that time do you think that there will be elected officials by the people or do you think that there will appointed officials by the King?

What are your thoughts on a kingdom society verses a democratic society?

Just how do they differ and which is the one you would prefer?

Last edited:
Here goes my answers to the above questions.

No I believe there will be no elections in a kingdom.
In a kingdom there will be appointments made by the King for positions.
The King may even allow those whom he has appointed to appoint others for lower positions within his kingdom.
Ultimately all appointed would be accountable to the King.

The world we live in is fragmented and some of those in high position can't do their jobs because they have no idea what they are doing and they seek assistance from those who are in lower positions for advice.
Where does that end us up in? A world that is completely full of red tape.
Some of those in authority now seem to think they can get away with no accountability and because of it the system we live in breaks down.

My preferance would be for a kingdom because all those appointed would be held accountable to the King.
Also I am bound by honor and obedience to the King of Kings my Lord and savior forever.

So as His word says " Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Come Lord Jesus come. Oh yeah AMEN! :)

Last edited:
The best form of government I can think of is a benevolent dictatorship, where one person makes decisions that are truly for the good of all people. No red tape, no beauracracy, yet the right decisions get made.

We can't have that in this world, because people would be corrupted by that kind of power.

Jesus, the omniscient, omnipotent, Benevolent Dictator of the millenial reign, would probably have no need of officials. If by His Providence, He uses them, they would be appointed, because a vote would presume that we know more than Him.

Jeshurun said:
Here goes my answers to the above questions.

No I believe there will be no elections in a kingdom.
In a kingdom there will be appointments made by the King for positions.
The King may even allow those whom he has appointed to appoint others for lower positions within his kingdom.
Ultimately all appointed would be accountable to the King.

All would be held accountable by the King and the King would be held accountable by the people as well. Everything would begin and end with the King... Hmmmmm.... Alpha and Omega?

Jeshurun said:
The world we live in is fragmented and some of those in high position can't do their jobs because they have no idea what they are doing and they seek assistance from those who are in lower positions for advice.
Where does that end us up in? A world that is completely full of red tape.
Some of those in authority now seem to think they can get away with no accountability and because of it the system we live in breaks down.

We also live in a fallen world. Which is why many think that s/he can get away with anything. I honestly do not see anything wrong with someone in authority seeking advice from someone who is below him or her. Proverbs 11:14 and 15:22 are good examples to follow when trying to decide upon asking someone, whether in authority over you or under your authority.

Jeshurun said:
My preferance would be for a kingdom because all those appointed would be held accountable to the King.
Also I am bound by honor and obedience to the King of Kings my Lord and savior forever.

So as His word says " Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven." Come Lord Jesus come. Oh yeah AMEN! :)

Also within a Kingdom hierarchy, One person makes the decisions that affect everyone. Only one person's agenda has to be considered, rather than the hundreds that a democratic society does.

Within a Kingdom the King is the one held responsible for everything that happens within his Kingdom.
Within a democratic society the responisbility is "split" between many. And when the trying times come, no one seems to be held responsible for his or her actions. A king is always held accountable. Check out 1 Samuel 12:13-15 for accountablitlity between King and Kingdom.

[toj.cc said:
WildBillKickoff]
The best form of government I can think of is a benevolent dictatorship, where one person makes decisions that are truly for the good of all people. No red tape, no beauracracy, yet the right decisions get made.

We can't have that in this world, because people would be corrupted by that kind of power.

Jesus, the omniscient, omnipotent, Benevolent Dictator of the millenial reign, would probably have no need of officials. If by His Providence, He uses them, they would be appointed, because a vote would presume that we know more than Him.

I agree that someone able to be a "benevolent Dictator" is immpossible within this world. Well until the last days. How else do you think the Anti Christ is going to come to power? He will appear to become exactly what everyone wants in a leader.... But thats for another topic.

Jesus is the Commpassionate, Kind, Stern ruler of the millenial reign. He will Rule, not dictate. There is a differance. Because of who He is, His Reign will be perfect.

Amen Amen!

Back