KOTOR content question

Luinnar

I was thinking of gitting KOTOR, but I have my doubts because of the suggestive content I have read about in the reviews. Is there alot of suggestive material? Do they go into alot of detail? According to Al Menconi the go into detail about people having affairs, is this true?

The game really depends on how you want to play it, they give you the choice of following the Light Side or the Dark side.

Following the light side their still is a lot of fighting and killing though it is almost always for a good purpose. Playing the dark side your going to be very evil and sinister causing chaos on purpose.

At one point in the game they do detail a side character having an affair but it is mainly just refrences to it. You eventually work it out with the character and I felt was done pretty tastefully.

Personally this is one of my favorite games of all time after playing through it with such an amazing story and awesome system. In the end the content is really dependant on if you play the game making evil choices or do that good things.

There is also a scene where all the characters are stripped down to their underwear...female included. But it is no way sexual or anything.

As far as "a lot of suggestive material", I'd have to say no. The game is 50 hours, and there is very little suggestive material in that time. On the one hand, if you play a light-side Jedi, you will actually be helping many people. Mending relationships. Stuff like that.

KOTOR is a pretty clean game.  I did not find the game nearly as offensive as that site made it out to be.  As was said above, following the dark side can lead to more issues than the light side, but on the whole the game steers clear of anything vulgar.  I would venture to say it is very similar content-wise to the Star Wars movies, and is, in my mind, suitable for anyone 13 and older.

If you want another Christian perspective, CCGR has two posted reviews on KOTOR, one by me and one by another reviewer.  They can be found at http://www.ccgr.org/article_read.asp?id=613 and http://www.ccgr.org/article_read.asp?id=345

Being a Star Wars nut and having just seen the price of the game drop to $20 I couldn't resist getting it, and so far it has been the only RPG to truly addict me since Final Fantasy X! I love it! The game just drips with polish, prefection, and Star Wars atmosphere! I must recommend it to you, thus far I haven't seen anything very suggestive or offensive, then again I'm only about 7 hours into the game right now, so I don't know that much about the content. All I've got to say is it rocks.

Thanks for all your help.
Just got it yesterday and enjoying it
biggrin.gif

I'm a playing scoundrel.

Back