Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't Play L4D

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Whon

Tribe of Judah Left 4 Dead Chapter Leader
Just wondering if there is a need for a separt forum for L4D. Seems like we have quite a few players and perhaps a place for us to keep out topics could clean up the General Diss.

Couldn't we share the TF2 forum with it?
Negatory.

Better to keep the threads in ToJ General than post L4D threads in the TF2 forums.

I don't think there's a precedent for creating a new forum for a game when we don't have a chapter for that game. If a member were to volunteer for the L4D Chapter Leader position, then we could form a L4D chapter and set up the relevant forum(s).

I could step up, but some useful info on what all I need to do as Chapter Leader would be nice so I don't mess-up the job.

On a side note I've really been toying with the idea of picking up a private server for L4D, since today's MMOs really aren't filling up my gaming void yet, I could possible use the $15 a month subscription fee for a MMO to run a L4D server. Private server only run 11 to 13 bucks a month. Just researching where to locate it and how to best set it up.

I could step up, but some useful info on what all I need to do as Chapter Leader would be nice so I don't mess-up the job.
I'll do a search on the forums soon and copy/paste what I've posted before. But I'll summarize now and say: Chapter Leaders are responsible for the establishment, development, and maintenance of their respective chapters and all related resources (i.e. forums, web site, etc.).

On a side note I've really been toying with the idea of picking up a private server for L4D, since today's MMOs really aren't filling up my gaming void yet, I could possible use the $15 a month subscription fee for a MMO to run a L4D server. Private server only run 11 to 13 bucks a month. Just researching where to locate it and how to best set it up.
If you decide to shell out the money for the server, send me a PM and I'll set it up through Tribe of Judah's GameServers.com account. You can fund the server by setting up a monthly Paypal subscription for the cost of the server here.

We've had several donations recently and are quickly approaching our goal of raising $2000 to purchase dedicated server hardware. Once we reach our goal, buy the hardware, get it installed, and secure $50 per month for bandwidth expenses, we can run several (current estimate is at 6) game servers, including L4D.

Back