L4D1 & L4D2 - Which to buy?

vigilante

Valve has both L4D 1 and 2 on sale until Halloween. I am considering buying them. Should I get both, or just L4D2?

I've read that most of the campaigns from 1 have been ported to 2, so is it a waste of money to get 1 now?

Valve has both L4D 1 and 2 on sale until Halloween. I am considering buying them. Should I get both, or just L4D2?

I've read that most of the campaigns from 1 have been ported to 2, so is it a waste of money to get 1 now?
Yes. I'd recommend just buying L4D2.

L4D2 is the 1st game to buy, if you are wanting a little (and I do mean little) different feel by not have melee weapons, no spitter, jockeys, and charger.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to pickup L4D2 and Bioshock 2 since its on sale for $4.99 as well.

Thanks for the input. I think I'm going to pickup L4D2 and Bioshock 2 since its on sale for $4.99 as well.
Fair warning: The BioShock 2 product page states the game comes with SecuROM attached. If that doesn't bother you, have at it. Just wanted to make sure you were informed.

I enjoyed BioShock 1 (after a slow start) and I'd very much like to play BS2, but I refuse to purchase any game that comes with SecuROM attached.

Back