Last night (1/26) was a wreck. Try again tonight?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So last night's Left 4 Wednesday was a disaster. Between a late start, server issues, and the lobby operator (that would be me) seeing 250+ ms pings, it wasn't much fun.

I ended up spending the rest of the evening troubleshooting my high latency issues and all I've done so far is determine what ISN'T causing the problem (which is an important part of the process, I suppose).

Since last night's game night didn't go so well, you guys want to give it another shot tonight? We can open the lobby at 8:15 p.m. Central, round up 8 players for Versus, and start the game at 8:30 p.m. Or a later or earlier time, if that works better for people.

We were getting ready to play Dead Center last night. Any objections to playing DC Versus tonight?

Since my high ping issues are intermittent, I may not be able to participate, but I'll at least try to have the server ready for those who do want to play. I have a support ticket in with GameServers.com and the server should be back in working order this evening.

I'm planning on being on at 8:15 p.m. Central tonight, start a lobby, then starting the game at 8:30 p.m. Central if people show up. I may not play the whole game (I may not be able to, depending on my ping), but I at least want to get the game going.

Folks know I'm not crazy about Versus (well, three people), but if you need a fourth, just hit me up.

Thanks to everyone who showed up for tonight's Left 4 Wednesday "re-do." I wasn't able to stay through the entire game, but Kidan took my place between rounds and, based on the final score, it sounds like it was a fairly evenly matched game.

Back