Left 4 Dead demo is live!

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
w00t, 15% downloaded at 301.6KB/s!

EDIT: Here's a link to download the demo through Steam.

Okay, I just finished playing my first game of Left 4 Dead with -=BB&A=-Ch@n and .:{GZ}:. LegendKiller [TR]. (Thanks for joining my game, guys.)

It was awesome. It's exactly what I imagined it would be (and that's a very good thing).

I'm going to review my and my wife's finances and see if there's any way we can justify spending $45 USD (or $90 USD if my wife decides to play, too) on a game.

I'm going to review my and my wife's finances and see if there's any way we can justify spending $45 USD (or $90 USD if my wife decides to play, too) on a game.

............... :eek:

If it was a Co-op with a RPG or anime game, thats understandable, but a bloody, violent zombie game, playing side by side with your wife, I'm speechless.

Last edited:
I just tried the demo, it's fun, at first I thought it was just going to be really creepy, but I really liked the co-op style of gameplay.

If it was a Co-op with a RPG or anime game, thats understandable, but a bloody, violent zombie game, playing side by side with your wife, I'm speechless.
My wife and I play Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles together, so Left 4 Dead isn't that far a stretch.

:D

EDIT: Oh! By the way, I configured a dedicated server for the Left 4 Dead demo on my desktop computer. The hardware isn't quite up to speed, but it did well enough when a few members were playing on it earlier today.

Last edited:
I just finished playing some of this and it was great fun. This year has been bitterly unmerciful on my wallet, but I don't think I'm going to be able pass this one up.

This year has been bitterly unmerciful on my wallet, but I don't think I'm going to be able pass this one up.
Agreed.

I managed to pass up Fallout 3, but largely because there's no multiplayer features.

As I told one of my friends on Steam last night: Left 4 Dead is the 4-player co-op zombie apocalypse I've always dreamed of.

If I find out there's going to be a flamethrower in the full retail version, I don't think I'll be able to resist pre-ordering.

So is there going to be a ToJ chapter/server? I tried out the demo last night and had a blast.
I like this game because its all about coop and less about player vs. player. I don't play enough FPS games to be that great and thus get frustrated when playing games like TF2. I can only get pwned for so long without getting upset :)

I'm giddy about this game. I really am. I can't wait for it to finally release. ^_^

Starting a ToJ chapter for it would be fun.

So is there going to be a ToJ chapter/server?
There is definitely sufficient interest in a Left 4 Dead chapter, but we'll need someone to take on the responsibilities of Chapter Leader to make it happen.

As for a server, that will take additional funds. The best solution would be to raise an additional $500 for dedicated server hardware and have members pledge a total of $75 per month ($50 for dedicated server bandwidth, $20 for web hosting service, plus a few dollars extra for yearly domain renewal and other services) to cover all expenses.

See the Bring Our Servers Back thread for more information.

In the short term, we could look at hosting individual servers, but, considering each server only hosts 4 people, we would need more than one.

I like this game because its all about coop and less about player vs. player.
Aye, I've been waiting for years for a major developer to release a co-op first-person shooter. The fact that it's set in the zombie apocalypse only makes things that much sweeter.

I don't play enough FPS games to be that great and thus get frustrated when playing games like TF2. I can only get pwned for so long without getting upset :)
Speaking of TF2: We'll probably see a temporary drop in activity in our TF2 chapter, which means we'll need a TF2 Chapter Recruiter to help fill the void.

For more information on Chapter Recruiter and other open staff positions, check out this thread in the TF2 chapter forum.

Starting a ToJ chapter for it would be fun.
Agreed.

I'm still looking over my and my wife's finances, but my wife told me Left 4 Dead could be my Christmas gift from her this year. I'm going to look at some other options (since she already had a different idea for a Christmas present in mind), but I may take her up on the offer.

This is my very first FPS game I have ever played..and it is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so want this game. The only thing I need to keep remembering: the controls are not the controls of Guild Wars d'oh rofl

But thankfully my teammates are usually my friends and they forgive me (Thanks Prince Cor for inviting me to this game!)

I'm planning on picking this up tomorrow!
I played the demo, and I liked it... I wasn't as impressed with the demo as I thought I'd be, but I knew that it didn't matter, because the game itself would be worth it.

Shooting off limbs is very righteous.

This season is ridiculous, so many good games!

I'm going to pick it up on the way home from work...
You gotta love $50 best buy gift cards that you get for doing a good job at work!

Back