Life of Christ UO Server

dtrimpey

Hello guys,

I ran across this site when searching for Christian gamers that are into RPGs. I have always found RPGs fun and I love MMORPGs, but I am not always thrilled at the types of games out there. I have played several MMORPG's and am particularly interested in UO, expecially since there are so many free shards out there :)

What I was thinking is this:
Spending all my time on these types of games separates me from what I should be doing more often-spending time in the word, studying, etc.

Also, these types of games can be very educational, and also offer a great way to witness to others.

What if there was a UO shard that set itself in the time period of Christ's life where fighting was not neccesarily the objective, but roleplaying, questing, and hanging out was. Crafting would be very important. There could even be quests that are based on bible stories....then people would be learning the bible and studying it in a new and exciting way. This could be a way for people to grow by experienceing a simulation of what it was like to live in these crucial moments in christian history. The maps could be made from scratch and patterned after the Mediterranean area that Jesus spent most of his life in. There could even be other "zones" that were dedicated to old testament quests, or even a zone set in the time after Christ's death and the christians are being persecuted by the Romans. But anyway, make the maps as close to real life history as possible and have quests and NPC characters  based from the bible.

I would love to be a part of a scripturally sound project like this, but it would require a lot of time, dedication and help from other people. Do you guys think that there would be an interest in something like this?

If so, anyone know someone that is familiar with hosting a UO shard? I was thinking about using RunUO...it seems to be pretty easy to run and administer, but I don't know the first thing about editing maps, or scripts to make the UO world more closely resemble the real world in our history.

Any comments or help you can peovide would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to email me.

Thanks!
/daniel

*edited for grammar

Back