Make Sunday a permanent group farming night?

With the success of "Build Your Wealth Night", should we institute farming Sundays?

• Yes, definitely!

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Yes, just not on Sunday nights.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No, I'm not interested in farming.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's farming?

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
While we are on the farming topic.........where do you farm when you are alone?

Sorrow's Furnace is my favorite place to farm because of the profit potential. Occasionally I go to FoW or UW for a change of pace. When I am in "killer" mode I take my warrior and solo the Gates of Kryta mission. I have also dabbled with the Grawl out of Port Sledge.

In my earlier days I was a Charr hide farmer deluxe.

I have read that some of SoE farms the Griffons in the desert. I would like to try that sometime mainly just to see which route you take (never done any Griffon farming).

What about the Gypsy Ettins? I have never farmed there either. I guess my point is that perhaps we could share runs with someone else to show them the route and any tricks involved. I know I would be more than willing to show anyone the places I go.

My game right now is almost exclusively farming. I have finished the chapter with two characters and my other two are in the Ring of Fire somewhere (not really interested in finishing unless I can do the missions with SoE).

Whisper to me in-game......I'll show you all I know and will join you for anything you like. Still looking for fire wands with mods guys.....I haven't forgotten.

I like the idea.

Halonic - My ranger is in the Ring of Fire, if you want to run those missions sometime this weekend

Back when I was still playing, whenever I was going solo, it was either UW or griffons in the desert. I tended to do griffons though much more than UW since it would take forever in UW solo. Griffons were quite profitable and fun to do as well. After leaving Augury, you run around the bend then when there's the fork in the road, bear left and there's this huge open area with lots of smaller groups of Griffons to aggro, including usually 2 Griffon bosses, a warrior and a monk boss.

Had to look Kidan....its been so long since I did anything but farm. My battery Necro needs the Ring of Fire mission next and my warrior needs Abaddon's Mouth mission next. Sometime this weekend sounds great. Perhaps some others will join us.

Thanks Quantum, thats what I needed to know. If you decide to play again at a later date or even next year when the new update comes out I will give you a good gold stake because of your generosity to the guild.

Last edited:
While we are on the farming topic.........where do you farm when you are alone?

I believe some people (myself not quite included until my w/mo gets there) farm griffons, but you hardly get anything there, mostly just coins like 70-90 per drop

(of course, I don't know-I've never done it unless it was inevitable, ya know, no way past them so I charge in with henchies)

When we say solo farming........does that mean just you and no henchies or does it mean just you AND henchies?

When I solo the Gates of Kryta its just me....no henchies. Same with griffon farming? The reason I ask is that I tried to find the Griffons out of Augry Rock yesterday and never got far enough alone (no henchies). The Minotaurs kept taking me out.

BTW tonight I have two Characters in the Ring of Fire that I need missions on Maybe I jump in with you guys?hink I am on the First Mission though :(

Great. Ring of fire missions of some kind tonite. Me and Kidan and Dredd so far. You others look for us and join in. The more the merrier.

If I can finish the thuderhead keep mission today then I can join you guys with my Monk, Karena Lishen.

Before the AoE nerf, I know that I, Quantum, Syd, and a few others were able to solo Griffons (completely solo, no henchies). You could do all the Griffons in Prophet's Path in maybe 7 minutes, with an average of 1-2k per run, and the odd 10-20k weapon once every couple of days. Now, it can still be done, it just takes WAY longer than some other, more profitable means.

As far as Ettins, the problem you run into soloing them is that they have a means to heal themselves, so if you can't over come that, you can't kill them, and if you do, there's probably a good chance you don't have enough defensive skills to stay alive.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
As far as Ettins, the problem you run into soloing them is that they have a means to heal themselves, so if you can't over come that, you can't kill them, and if you do, there's probably a good chance you don't have enough defensive skills to stay alive.

Distrupting the signet really only requires one skill slot, such as distrupting chop or Ignorance or distracting shot. At least one ettin farmer actually doesn't disrupt the signet, using a sword adrenaline build as a warrior primary (which means plenty of armor). Farming them in a group may be easier with less resilient classes...

Guys I really have no vote on this.....i should not be heard in any of these polls unless it superbly conspires to me. For Example. I only really play on Fridays and Saturdays on SOME weekends! I'm never on, on Sunday! So this topic really doesn't apply to me. I will be getting my new comp for Christmas if my mom decides to get it for me, so if I do get one and Internet to go along with it, You know i would definetly vote YES! . but considering that fact I voted Yes, but not on Sundays! THX!

Farming was good in the UW last night. Fiona Dredd got two........count 'em........two ectos. Woot.

isn't the ecto used on fissure armor, not 15k?

and man... that 15k breastplate wiped out my bank account...
but it's a pretty piece of armor

Ectos are used to craft the fissure stuff along with shards, but you have to be ascended to even get to FoW to craft it. I helped Lucy get to the Granite Citadel from War Camp the other night after the UW run. Because ectos are worth 12-13k each, he used the ~25k from 2 ectos to pay for almost 2 pieces of that 15K armor, or the crafting materials needed to get it.

Grats on the armor. I know you were still working on a way to get all the money and crafting materials when I logged off. I guess you probably had to sell some of those dyes. I'm also guessing that you will be doing a bit of farming soon to build your wallet back up a little :).

Back