March 16th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
March 15th, 2005

One Step at a Time

So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own. Today's trouble is enough for today.

-Matthew 6:34 (NRSV)

RECENTLY, we needed to make a journey by car to an unfamiliar part of the country. Before we left, my husband obtained route instructions and asked me if I would navigate. The detailed instructions told us every turn, every decision we needed to make, stage by stage. But as I looked at the long list of instructions, I began to worry: Too many roads, junctions, and roundabouts to negotiate! I'd never be able to navigate successfully through all that! Looking ahead left me tense and troubled. But then I realized we need to follow instructions only for the next junction, the next roundabout to reach our destination safely. My anxiety came from trying to work it all out in advance.

This insight is helpful advice for our faith journey! We don't know our entire route into the future; that would be too much for us to cope with. Instead, as we move forward in our journey stage by stage, God goes with us giving grace and strength as need arises. We can entrust ourselves to God, knowing that as God journeyed with the Israelites in the wilderness, God will be with us.

Elaine Brown (Perthshire, Scotland)

Prayer:
Forgive our needless anxiety about the future, O God. Help us to look to you to guide and keep us through each day, beginning from where we are. Amen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Err...the title is actually supposed to read the 15th, not the 16th.

This is a good devotional btw.

Back