March 23rd, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Deep Roots

Take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. Stand therefore.

-Ephesians 6:13-14 (NRSV)

IN awe and with trepidation I watched the branches of the mango tree in front of my house swing to and fro during a recent windstorm. I was concerned because at times it seemed as if the strong winds would uproot the tree and send it crashing to the ground. But thanks to the strong hold of its roots, the tree was not permanently damaged by the winds. The tree continued to stand tall.

The scene reminded me of the verse from chapter seven of the Gospel of Matthew, "... the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on rock." This verse encourages me because I know that we, too, will face fierce winds of adversity in life. But when our faith is rooted deep in God's word and we keep our eyes on the Lord Jesus, we do not have to worry. God will be with us through the storms of life.

Rose Wangke (Bali, Indonesia)

Prayer:
Dear Lord, help us to keep our eyes on Jesus, our rock of salvation, and to stand on the promises of the Bible. Help us to place our lives in your hands, and make us strong in you. Amen.

Back