March 7th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
Living Freely

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

-2 Corinthians 3:17 (NRSV)

Devotional
RECENTLY I had the opportunity to rock climb on an indoor climbing wall. I was apprehensive about this new experience because heights make me uncomfortable.

After I put on the safety harness, the belayer -- the person who controls the safety rope -- fastened a rope to my harness with a solid knot. I turned to the wall and began climbing. At times I grasped rocks with both hands while one foot sought a new support. At other times my feet stood secure while I groped for a new, higher handhold. Although I worked hard, I realized I was free from the fear of falling. Why? I was not afraid because I trusted the safety rope, the harness, and, most of all, the young man who held the rope. I was free to climb, to explore, and, finally, to reach the top.

The same is true in my spiritual life. I feel that I can achieve anything Christ calls me to do when I entrust my life to his care. Knowing that Christ is "holding the rope" and that he is there to catch me when I fall encourages me to move out in confidence and openly show his love and compassion to everyone I meet.

Lorrie Orr (British Columbia, Canada

Lord, thank you that you are completely trustworthy. Help us to trust you with everything about our life. Amen.

Back