Midnight Club 2

TrigunX89

I didn't see a review on the site for this, so I thought I'd make a thread. I played a 2-player game of this with a friend, and it was pretty fun. Looking at the developer (Rockstar Games) lead me to believe that there must be something highly objectional in the game. It's just a little hunch... I was thinking I might buy it after the price drops. So, is there anything I should know about this game before then? Thanks!

I actually have an outline for a review, but I just didn't have time to write the review.

I would have to say that there is nothing REALLY objectionable in the game. The characters are quite 'ghetto,' but that's more annoying than offensive. There's a decent amount of swearing, but no really nasty words. Most of the music is rap, but you can either turn it off or change the music track. The driver taunts also get really, really annoying, but those can also be turned off. So basically, anything objectionable can be muted or skipped.

As for the game itself, I can honestly say that I've never played a more difficult or more rewarding game. There were quite a few races, even earlier in the game, that I tried over and over and over--up to 25 times--until I finally got past it. But that's exactly why this game is so rewarding...there's nothing like beating a race that you've been stuck on for a couple hours. It's most certainly not a relaxing racing game. It's more of a fast-paced, concentration-demanding, arcade racing game.

I personally really started to like the game once I got a motorcycle. For some reason, I just really like the motorcycles better than the cars, even though the former require alot more skill.

I was never able to try out the multiplayer much, but it did seem quite good. I would have really liked to try it out on Xbox Live, but I didn't have that service at the time that I had the game.

So overall, it's a very good, albiet extremely difficult, arcade racer with a noteworthy arcade component.

Now that I've writen this, I realized that I should probabally post it as a review
smile.gif

Nice!  I'm happy to hear that.  I hate to support Rockstar Games, but this one seems pretty good.  Thanks for all your time and effort that you put into the post.  Maybe I'll see you on Xbox Live some day.  I hope to get the starter for my birthday in February.  
smile.gif

That was a good outline. If anyone's interested I did a review for it at ccgr.org But your one sounds better. It was my first review so...

Back