Most fun I've had on the Game (Spoilers)

Patriot

Last night I finished up Chapter 1 of the Sith Warrior storyline. The feeling was epic.

Background info: I have been playing a mid-light Sith Warrior, mostly taking decisions that felt right (finally turned off the light/dark indicator in the conversation wheel so it wouldn't influence me). I tend to find both dark Sith and light Jedi to be absurd in their respective devotion. The dark Sith cares for nothing but himself (Sadistic Hedonism?) while the light Jedi is a walking contradiction (somehow love is wrong but compassion is okay).

I've worked my way up the immortal tree with pleasant results. Most trash mobs don't slow me down (I've been consistently 1-2 levels above them) and I rarely ever activate my strongest defensive buffs. I use Quinn but keep him in DPS mode. He still throws enough heals my way to keep me nearly topped off even in extended battles. I pretty much feel the powerful warrior I should.

Oh, and British accent. I love the voice acting on the male side (haven't tried the female).

Anyway, last night was mostly the first time I felt the decisions I was making actually mattered. Sure, there was that weird doppelganger on Tatooine which recognized my path, but it seemed to have little bearing at the time. Last night, the battle was glorious. I tried to talk down Nomen Karr and watched him turn to the dark side in an attempt to best me. I foolishly failed to recover my strength after each stage of the battle (he couldn't possibly get up again, could he? Oops. . .) which only enhanced the greatness of the battle. I had to use every trick in my arsenal to defeat him.

But then, it kept getting better when Jaesa showed up. My decisions throughout the previous part of the game actually felt like they mattered. Compared to Nomen, the battle with her was trivial, but the dialogue was awesome. I managed to convince her that we needed to change the Empire from the inside out. To top it all off, I went back and spoke with Darth Baras treating him with my usual disdain to which he rewarded me with the title of Sith Lord. Truly a great night of game-play.

I hope the rest of the story plays out in similar fashion. I'm a little concerned I'm going to lose my 1-2 level edge as I get reduced XP for being a cheapskate FTP player, but I believe there is a double XP event coming up next month which should help.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Last edited:
Yeah, the Warrior story line is a good one. Jaesa is the only character you can affect light or dark side. Yeah, there are some romance variations depending on how you flirt with them (one is coming up for Vette depending on if you have been flirting or not) but Jaesa is the only one truly affected by your decisions. There is one on in the Trooper story too but I won't spoil that one.

The Sith Warrior storyline has become my favorite because of Jaesa. I maxed out a darkside Jaesa with a male Juggernaut and now I'm working on a lightside Jaesa with a female Marauder. The female voice is as good as the male's. Even though I just completed the Warrior storyline with my Jugg, I'm enjoying the storyline just as much on my Marauder.

The Sith Warrior storyline has become my favorite because of Jaesa. I maxed out a darkside Jaesa with a male Juggernaut and now I'm working on a lightside Jaesa with a female Marauder. The female voice is as good as the male's. Even though I just completed the Warrior storyline with my Jugg, I'm enjoying the storyline just as much on my Marauder.

Ack, you guys are encouraging me to make yet another alt to play. I like the idea of turning off the light/dark thing so I can make decisions the way I want. I now have both fully light side and dark side toons (to get the bonuses they get) now just a pure RP character. My first Marauder I didn't know what I was doing, now it would be nice to try again.

As my Sith Warrior rapidly dropped to the level of his missions I shelved him until the next double XP event. In the meantime, I've managed to work a Sith Inquisitor through the first chapter of her storyline. My thoughts are as follows:

- Having played an Inquisitor almost through chapter 1 previously (before deleting him) I have found that a female fits the role much better. That may be for aesthetic reasons only as I absolutely hated having my male running around in a dress.

- The storyline of chapter one was okay. It wasn't as bland as some I've tried to go through but it wasn't as good as the Warrior (imo). I felt less connected with the general TOR storyline and more on a quest to please my particular master (go here, get this).

- I was one level above Zash when we had our showdown and I found it to be trivial. But I think the only reason the Sith Warrior battle was so epic was because I didn't recuperate between each stage. I think if I had, the battle would have been much easier.

- I highly recommend chain lightning to inquisitor players who are leveling through the storyline (I pretty much only play for the story - no pvp). It chews through trash mobs at a decent clip.

- I think I enjoy the more active role of tank (juggernaut warrior) far more than the turret style of play the inquisitor demands (I didn't go up the madness tree because I don't really care for dot play styles). And I'd rather let my companion do the mind-numbing task of healing.

The Inquisitor is being shelved for a while as well, due to being at mission level now as well as a general apathy toward the storyline. In the meantime, I'm rolling a powertech tank. I've run a merc through chapter 1 previously but I grew tired of the turret-style gameplay with him as well. The BH storyline is okay (Chapter 1 works, but Chapter 2 started out as a bit tedious for me) but the class mechanics and look is worth it (not to mention healing companion at the outset and what I perceive as the quickest leveling). I'm hoping the powertech provides a good mix of movement and ranged attacks to keep things interesting.

I've tried smuggler/agent and hated the cover mechanic. It felt too slow and required too much positioning. And I'm not much on stealth (never was a good spy in TF2).

Trooper was essentially the bounty hunter but with a predictable (up to level 20 or so) storyline and not quite as awesome animations. And since I went commando I ended up carrying a tree trunk (aka blaster cannon) with me everywhere which I felt looked kinda stupid. If I decide to roll another trooper in the future I would definitely go vanguard.

Jedi counselor started out okay, but the attacks don't have pleasing animations. Nor is the storyline all that compelling up to about level 20.

Jedi knight has the tanking which I like but there are other issues. The major one is the fact that I won't get my healer until lvl 32-36. That means considerably more downtime than my warrior had to experience. I have a lvl 16 character that I might get back around to eventually.

Which server are you on, Patriot?
Well, once I discovered that my FTP 2 character limit was "per server", I ended up creating alts on several different servers.

I currently have 6 toons spread between Harbinger (Warrior [lvl 33] & Powertech [lvl 11]), Begeren Colony (Sorcerer [lvl 33] & Guardian [lvl 16]), and an East Coast PVE server which I don't remember the name of at the moment (I think Sage [lvl 21] & some other toon I don't remember at this point).

The Sage will probably not survive depending on who is in the other slot. Once my powertech is leveled up to around my Warrior and Sorcerer I'm thinking I may attempt a vanguard to see if chapter 1 gets any better toward the end. Or I might try to get my Guardian through chapter 1. I figure if I get all of my favorites through to that point I'll have no choice but to continue with one of them rather than creating alts. After all, you can only view the beginning chapter so many times before it gets a bit old.

Last edited:
Do we have your Begeren Colony toons in the guilds?
No sir. The sorcerer is in a random guild for the XP bonus. The Jedi may or may not be in a guild. If he is it is also a random one.

On a side-note, I rolled a trooper yesterday because I have a compulsion to roll new characters all the time. So here's my current plan. . .work the trooper, BH, and jedi through Chapter one. Once all my characters are there I will continue one of the 5 through their storyline.

...if I try real hard, I might be able to finish one of their storylines before I lose interest or the game shuts down. . .

When I jump back on those characters I'll look you up. The characters I'm currently playing are on the other servers.

I'm usually on Shayari on the imp side. On the pub side I bounce around between toons depending on what I'm doing. If you type in the chat box /who called (pub side) or /who bearers (imp side), it should show who's online. When the search window comes up, it'll sometimes try to show everyone on the server, so you have to click the search icon to get the actual guildies.
What are your Begeren names?

So I jumped onto my Guardian yesterday and figured I would try to look you up. . .
Um, yeah. . .
I'm not paying to get access to the "who is" function. . .

Didn't matter anyway. As soon as I realized that all of the robes for Jedi Guardians are hood-up designs I stopped playing him. I'm a very visual player and want to see the face I spent 20 minutes working on at character creation. . .

Honestly, how do you make a design decision to have all of the robes to be with their hood up? The more I play this game the more I wonder about the decisions made when making it. . .

Not that I can complain as I have been playing it entirely for free.

I haven't checked on the pub side, but my Sith version of a Guardian (Juggernaut) has his head visible. I think he's wearing a robe, I'll have to check.

This has been a constant complaint since the beta that you can't put the hood down. One trick, if you can find one of those very minimal pieces of head gear (looks like a crown or head band) and you have that in the head slot and "show head slot" is NOT checked, that may put the hood down. It works for some pieces.

I haven't checked on the pub side, but my Sith version of a Guardian (Juggernaut) has his head visible. I think he's wearing a robe, I'll have to check.
My Juggernaut has his head visible but he is not wearing robes.

This has been a constant complaint since the beta that you can't put the hood down. One trick, if you can find one of those very minimal pieces of head gear (looks like a crown or head band) and you have that in the head slot and "show head slot" is NOT checked, that may put the hood down. It works for some pieces.
Hmmm, I might try that, but I'm busy with another character right now. I apparently have some sort of character ADD. . .

Back