Multiplayer campaign

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
While digging through my old text files, I found a post I'd saved from 2001:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Greetings, all! =)

I am posting here today to help inspire talented mapmakers to create the first (I think) Starcraft multiplayer campaign.

Here's the basic idea:

Anywhere from two to four players (leaving four slots for computer opponents) get together on Battle.net to play a set of cooperative UMS maps with shared objectives, an ongoing storyline, and (maybe) heroes.

If you are interested in the idea, then please run with it. =) I don't expect you to put my name in the credits, but do please e-mail me if you start such a project so I can download the finished product and play it on BNet sometime. =)

And if there's already such a project, please e-mail me and send me a URL to the project's home page.

Thanks for your time, and God bless. =)

I think that there is still no multiplayer campaigns available online today, but I'm not sure. If they do exist, I'd certainly like to play one. If there aren't, maybe a few of the Starcraft map creators could work together to create one?

Y not? i think its a great idea. There are some multiplayer campaigns, but not like a Tactical one, but based on one heroes, going through a lot of obsticles. One i like is Chrono Trigger RPG
tounge.gif

I think what we need to focus is to balance it out properly, and make it more tactical. What i mean by that, is get them a small set of base buildings, and an over-grown enemy etc. I think it's a good idea.

Ive come across a couple, but they are rare. One I have you would like, but my maps are hard to find. I have like 4 dl folders with about 800 maps each... I"ll try to dig up the one I"m thinking of. they are fun. The one  I have is there are like 3 plrs with bases in 3 corners. you have like some "defence system" you have to keep operational to protect your base, and then you gotta work together to wipe out the comp.
Are you also talking about rpgs? there are a lot of rpgs out there. the coolest one I think I have is where one person is the town, while the heros go out and fight, and then come back and interact with the town guy. Then theres the elemental rpg. That one was a bnet favorite for a while.
Ever play offensive strike? I think that one might be able to be classified with what your talking about. Its like the exact opposite of art of defence. Theres 4 plrs in each corner, and then they gotta kill the comp base in the middle before the timer goes out. If they do, then they go on to the next round where a harder comp base appears and the timer resets. I think it has like 20 rounds.
When are you usually on bnet tek?

si it would work, let me know if you do it and have any tedious easy tasks to stick me with
tounge.gif
 (cause thats what im good at)

that'd be pretty sweet, you might check out some of the warcraft III ones for ideas. There's alot.

master~plan, now all we have to decide is who picked the marine icon first... and fyi i was the one that uploaded it
tounge.gif

Mercenaries was a good one. 3 players, pick your hero and unit special vs 3-4 cpus, depending on players. (Hero arbiter, unit special, arbiters, etc)
There is a Mercenaries 2, 3 players, vs 4 cpus, same way, harder.

or Enslavers campaign map (starcraft/maps/campaign...)you could change it to have 2-3 players.

I made a few in my time. One I remember was a somewhat unbalanced 3 player map where it was either extremely easy or extremely hard (depending on the ai setting). I believe LoJ beta tested it with me.

Just to clarify, by "campaign" I mean a set of maps with a storyline featuring new characters, story-based objectives, and story continuity. Think of it as a multiplayer Enslavers or an extended Mercenaries series (without the gimmick of buildable "elite" units).

Well, it was just one map, didn't exactly have new characters (a lot of old ones come back though). By new characters do you mean new units?

I looked at the campaign I dropped down earlier, it has up to 4 playable players, and about 6-8 levels(6-8 different campaign maps/scenarios), but with that mod in bw, it is cool, without it, I don't know.

I once was thinking about making a Campaign Called: Operation Yamato

It would be about breaking into secret facilitys and stealing technology then Defending the technology at a base untill Support/esacpe Arrives, then the last one would be defending the Science facility as it takes 20 mins or so to research it.

Something like that, and mab a map where you hafa fight your way deep into a cave to avoid a nuclear strike (time limit thing)

Back