n00by

rizz

how do you do it so that the voice recognition works.. i have it working but they pretty much only respond to cover me..lol. Also i have seen that you can get it so that it does voice to text chat...?

Any other cool commands i could use too?

If you got "cover me" working you should be okay.  The following commands are suppose to work when applied to callsigns "Alpha" thru "Oscar" or "Everyone".  I think I saw these on Beyond Unreal.  Now they just live on a sticky note on my desk.

Defend
Attack
Cover Me
Freelance
Taunt / Dance
Get Out (when a bot is in your ride:)
Status
Gimme (the bots current weapon)
Suicide (you meanie)
Jump
Hold (this) Position

Example "Alpha Defend".

As far as voice2txt, I haven't seen that.  However, the text to voice is very handy.

Rizz, to help with the voice recognition, you'll have to "teach" it to recognize your voice, it being the Windows voice recognition software. I'm not at home so I can't check, but when the demo came out I installed the voice recognition stuff on it's own and there was a teaching tool where you basically read portions of Brothers Grimm tales (and other stuff) so that the software would recognize how you talk.

I uninstalled it when I got UT2004 retail because UT2004 installed it on it's own (I didn't want to have anything that would muck up the install), but I'm not sure if it came with all the tools. Take a run through your Start menu or your audio options and look for something new in there. I'll have a look tonight myself.

It just might have a problem with your accent.
biggrin.gif

And welcome to UT2004, Rizz! Less pentegrams and stuff here, I don't think you'll have a problem with it (UT's more high tech than gothic), so long as you turn off the mature taunts.

PS - there is no "voice to text" as far as I know, but there is "text to voice". I haven't used it much, it never really worked that well for me.

Ok i got the voice thing to work i just need to get it to understand me.. I am sure i saw LOJ in the tulsa lan saying stuff and it speaking it in text.. but it might have ben the other way round.

Did you find the "training" bit? If you look at your task bar, you should see two additional icons near your system tray, look like microphones. The one that looks like a microphone with a menu, click on that and then go to "Options" and in the dialog there you'll see a button for "Train Profile". Go in there and follow the instructions.

The more you "train" the speech recog, the better it will be at understanding you. Go through the first one then do 2 or 3 extras just to give it something to work with.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
I got this all the time when I tried the speech to text thing. I read several of the fables , stories etc... and it still says blah blah blah
good luck with yours Rizz.

Back