Need a suggestion on a book choice.

inkelis

So, I'm looking for a good book to read. Here is what i'm looking for.

I'm looking for a futuristic science fiction. Or really just a good solid science fiction. I would prefer the book to be futuristic, as i'm a little burnt out on the magic/unicorn books.

I'm currently reading "The furys of calderon" by Jim Butcher.

I've read the other posts looking for ideas. I've noticed Ender's Game , and Dune Mentioned. I'm a beginner reader, so keep that in mind when you suggest! I thank everyone in advance =D

Dune would be good but I would say leave it at the first book. Also your could try I am Legend (misses is reading it at the moment and really enjoying it). Philip K. Dick has a host of short stories which is a good easy read. I would also strongly suggest The Gone Away World (watch the language etc. and avoid the authors frequent attempt to show how smart he is and you have an excellent book).

I would also suggest looking up library thing (http://www.librarything.com/ ) where you can put in the books you enjoy and it will suggest others that ppl who also enjoyed your books liked (*takes massive breath*).

I went with Ender's Game. Very good so far. I'm very happy. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dude Librarything is awesome! Thanks for the hookup!

No worries. Since I found it though I never see my wife as she spends most of her time deciding what to read next.

She also found this new website which utalises multidimensional scaling where you can put in a book that you loved in and it will give you a graph which outlines which books have being ranked as similar to the books you enjoyed. Will find it from her and post it here.

I went with Ender's Game. Very good so far. I'm very happy. I'll let you know how it turns out.

ENDER'S GAME is great. I hope you enjoy it. If you like it I would suggest reading ENDER'S SHADOW next. it is a retelling of the same story from a different perspective. I loved it.

Blessings

Back