Never before now, but at long last

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Well, I finally did it. I finally used a cheat code in a Blizzard real-time strategy game to complete a mission.

I'm talking about Mission 8 of Frozen Throne's Scourge campaign. The final mission of The Frozen Throne. The mission is ridiculously difficult. I spent an hour and a half trying to establish a base and secure two obilisks. I was restarting the mission for the thirteenth time when I realized that I have a limited time on this earth. I could no longer justify playing a mission that was obviously intended to punish the average player for not dedicating their life to this game.

While I normally deplore using cheat codes to complete missions (I scolded several Starcraft players for doing the same), no Starcraft missions were this absurdly hard.

So, this is my confession: I used cheat codes to finish Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. There. I know how the story of The Frozen Throne ends.

A note to Blizzard: Many people who play your games have a life. Stop developing single-player campaigns believing they don't.

lol.

I think it's okay to use cheat codes in single-player campaigns, at least in a Blizzard game, because I'm more concerned with listening to the story than I am the progression of the game without using help. In a multiplayer game though it's different, simply because you're trying to better train yourself against a challening advesary (possibly the computer AI or another person).

Anyway, I'll play a singleplayer game with several different approaches. My end goal is to play without using any cheats whatsoever, but initially I'm more concerned with consistent success, just so that I can see where the story is going (that's what I love about Blizzard - they can create some awesome stories).

CHEATER!!!!!

well ok, maybe it is ok.

I never finshed one of the WC2's because i could not finish a mission.

It is so hard to find that right balance between hard, but not too hard or not too easy....

This bed looks soft....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Back